• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation process refuses to recognise license key

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to rebuild my Windows 10 PC. That removed all the apps.

I have now reached the point of reinstalling and activating Adobe Acrobat X Pro which I have used for many years. I am installing from the original Disk and have entered the correct license key.

But Adobe says there is no product for which that is a valid license key! They were happy to take my money when I bought it, but  will now  not honour the ageement. How do I get this resolved?

Ron McLaren

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact message of the error you're seeing?

And you should know that Acrobat X is outdated and not compatible with Windows 10. That doesn't mean it won't work, and it doesn't mean it shouldn't accept your serial number, but it does mean that problems with it are to be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Having started work in the software industry in 1966, none of this comes as much of a surprise to me. Yes, having worked on Win10 for several years, it might just stop working after the next Windows update. But I had not expected that the licensing system would stop me reinstalling.

I have now had a reply from Adobe Customer Care, so we can consider this post to be closed. Thanks for stepping up, anyway.

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful, as there are a lot of scammers around here pretending to be from Adobe.

Only those with an "Adobe Employee" tag under their name are legit. Also, Adobe will never offer to contact you via Skype, or use an email account that's not under the adobe.com domain...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quite so.

I have now had a reply from Adobe Customer Care, so we can consider this post to be closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines