• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add a 5-star rating element to PDF document

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a multipage PDF document with several different versions of a graphic design from Photoshop. Now I would like to send this to a client for feedback and I was wondering if there's any way to offer her a simple 5-star rating tool within the PDF, next to each design? So that she could just give quick feedback to every single version without having to create her own comment/annotation each time? I tried doing something like this with form elements (dropdown list/check boxes), but that didn't seem very practical. At the very least, there seems to be no straight-forward solution for this use case as far as I can tell. Maybe there's something that can be done with stamps or comments? I suppose I could just ask her to comment every design with a school-like grading system from A to F, but I would prefer to find a more visual approach if at all possible.

Thank you & have a nice day!

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create some nice 5-star rating in acrobat see example video example .

If you are interested in something like that send me PM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! That example certainly looks a lot better than anything I could come up with so far, so I'd love to learn more about it. Why PM and not just right here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is if you are interested in here work she wants to make arrangement to get fee for her work in private( as many others coders here do),
from what i can see she obviously spend her time to make that, and if you want her work she should be compensated for it, or you can try and research
how to do it yourself i'm sure it's not that hard to do it , If you had your code or something i'm sure many would help you to fix it or guide you but if you don't want to spend your time research it don't expect some1 else to spend his/hers time and make it for you for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok I see, sorry I wasn't aware that this was a thing here. So basically, it can't be done without some kind of custom coding? Then it's probably already too involved/inflexible for my use case, I was more hoping there might be some native Acrobat tool or something I wasn't aware of that's usually used for this sort of thing. I've never really delt with interactive PDFs before, so apparently I have very little idea of how it all works. Thanks for your input though, I'll have to do some more research into the topic at another time then. Any good starting resources you can recommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not that difficult what you asking for, it can be done in a lot of diff ways you just need to have imagination.
You can do it like Nesa did with checkboxes or you can do it with radio buttons or buttons and icons or with images or something like
a fields to go  from red to green or 0-100, or just simple numbers like 4/5 or with help of dialog box...etc
like i said lot of ways to do it. First thing figure out how you want rating to look and start from there, if you need help with codes or advices feel free to ask .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines