Add a new scanned signature to fill and sign "sign yourself" drop-down

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I've been banging my head on this for too long. My "sign yourself" drop down in the fill and sign toolbar has two entries... scanned signatures I've used before. I don't remember how I added them and can't figure out now how to add others. All the documentation and "answers" on the web don't seem to match the UI I'm looking at. I'm running the latest version of Acrobat DC from CC. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021
Hi Angus   Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to remove the stored signature from Fill and Sign > Sign Yourself   Please click on the minus sign (-) in front of the stored signature and then click on the plus sign (+) to add the new signature in Fill and Sign tool > Sign Yourself.   If it doesn't work, please try to repair the installation (Win Only) and reboot the computer once and see if that works. Go to Help > Repair Installation.   If it still doe...

translate

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I'm not trying to do digital signatures or certificates... I just want a set of scanned signatures I can place onto forms.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having trouble removing siganture from "sign yoursel" in the Fill & Sign section.

It seems the remove button is greyed out, and I cannot remove either of the two signatures that are stored here.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Angus

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angus

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to remove the stored signature from Fill and Sign > Sign Yourself

Please click on the minus sign (-) in front of the stored signature and then click on the plus sign (+) to add the new signature in Fill and Sign tool > Sign Yourself.

If it doesn't work, please try to repair the installation (Win Only) and reboot the computer once and see if that works. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat Preferences to default as described here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and try again to remove the signature as described and check.

Regards

Amal

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so that works to replace a signature on the "sign yourself" dropdown with a different one. I'm still looking for an answer as to how I simply ADD a new signature to the "sign yourself" dropdown without deleting an existing signature. How do I get to that "add signature" option without removing existing signatures?

.            Marc

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dumbfounded. What could the thinking behind such a limitation possibly be?

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

.        M

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines