Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add page to form (when needed)

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PRIMARY NEED:

My document is a "Conversation Log" which is single page with multiple text fields and checkboxes which identify the client and other info.  The bottom half of the form contains a single large text box ("Conv1") for user to enter date & discussions with staff or the client on a project. The user saves the form and adds on to the comments as the need arises.

On occassion, the user will require additional space, and they are currently using a Word doc to continue the log.  I would like to create a button to add a second page with one text field ("Conv2") that covers the entire 2nd page, maybe even a third page (Conv3). 

Is this possible or is there another/better way to achieve it?

WISH LIST REQUEST: 

Ideally, I'd like the date and conversation to have their own field, that expands as the conversation text is added.  But don't know if thats even possible.  Otherwise, I would have to fix the size of each text box, which I don't want to do as it is could be too much for a short entry and not enough for a long one.  Is there a way to do this?

TIA ~Michelle

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Try searching the forum for "template" and "spawn". Many examples were given over the years. Hopefully some of them are still around after the move to the new forum system that took place last year...

The Template is a part of the document. It's basically just a page that you can show/hide and spawn new copies from.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's possible to add additional pages. You would need to create a page with the layout (and fields) you want to have, convert it to a Template object, hide it and then use a script to spawn copies of it when needed. Connecting the fields between the pages is not really possible to achieve without issues, though, so I would suggest using a button to add those additional pages when the user clicks it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks..........I have never worked with templates.  Is there a video/document that I can follow to show how to do templates and the script needed?  Is the template an actual document or part of my existing form? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try searching the forum for "template" and "spawn". Many examples were given over the years. Hopefully some of them are still around after the move to the new forum system that took place last year...

The Template is a part of the document. It's basically just a page that you can show/hide and spawn new copies from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now that I know what to search for, will do.........again, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines