Highlighted

Add text box text invisible

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in Adobe Acrobat DC, am working on a PC and am in Windows10 Pro. I am filling out a PDF form and when I Edit the form to create a text box with the text box tool so that I fill in the form, and try to type in the box, I can see the cursor moving along as if I am typing but I cannot see any text. The ink color is showing black, I've changed fonts, font sizes, I've done an Adobe Troubleshoot, repair, loaded and unloaded, save and resaved and nothing works.  This was working Friday and now on Monday it's not working.

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Add text box text invisible

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in Adobe Acrobat DC, am working on a PC and am in Windows10 Pro. I am filling out a PDF form and when I Edit the form to create a text box with the text box tool so that I fill in the form, and try to type in the box, I can see the cursor moving along as if I am typing but I cannot see any text. The ink color is showing black, I've changed fonts, font sizes, I've done an Adobe Troubleshoot, repair, loaded and unloaded, save and resaved and nothing works.  This was working Friday and now on Monday it's not working.

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aurelia

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to view the text in the text box of the PDF form. 

We tried to reproduce the issue at our end and it's working fine.  Have you created the PDF form? If yes, what is the workflow or steps you did to create the PDF form or have you got the form from a different user? 

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF form or with all the forms that you try to fill? Please try with a different PDF form and check.  If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing. Please upload the file on the document cloud (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/) generate the link and share it with us.

Also, What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version of the application please use the link (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html)  and make sure you have the latest version of the application (20.006.20042). Go to Help > Check for updates

Let us know how it goes 

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same problem of text not showing but only the cursor when filling out pdf documents. My current version is 2020.012.20041

kindly assist,

thanks,

Prichard

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response.

Please ensure that the color of the text box is selected to black, also try changing it to a different color and check.

Also, please update the application to the new version 20.12.20043 now available. Go to Help > Check for updates.

If you are on Windows machine please try to repair the installation from the help menu and reboot the computer.

For testing purposes, please try to turn off the protected mode. Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck  'Enable protected mode at startup', turn off the protected mode and uncheck the enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the application.
Note: Turning off the security may possess security risks, please turn on the security after testing.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the preferences to default as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that makes any difference.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF