• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add video doesnt work

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add rich media (video) into PDF (Adobe Acrobat Pro DC) but it appear to be just a black box after. I saved the video in different formats to try with Adobe Media Encoder, all H.264 compressed but none of them work.

Cant figure out what I am doing wrong. 

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

I have the  same problem - black box. But after save and open to read, I can click play button but acrobat wants flash plugin! Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the  same problem - black box. But after save and open to read, I can click play button but acrobat wants flash plugin! Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a lot of issues with video in PDF as of late.  I just tried this, and also have a black box that will not play.  I'll poke around with it to see if I can figure something out!

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting... I saved, closed the PDF, then re-opened it.  With the hand tool, I clicked on the video and got the usual security warning.   I told Acrobat to always trust the PDF's content, clicked the video box with the hand tool, and nothing happened.  I then switched to the select tool, and double-clicked... and it started to play.  After that, the hand tool worked to trigger the video too.  I don't think the arrow select tool had any part in it... I think I needed to double click, and then wait for the 'mechanics' to process the request to play... and then it worked.  See if that will work for you.  Double click... and let it 'think' for a few seconds.

Let us know!

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, but try now open the file in acrobat READER DC and play, please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did play in Reader as well!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and in Reader on another computer.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your efforts! 🙂

In my case I do exactly the same only that after double clicking it again nothing changes: AA shows notification saying "connecting...", it looks like it is processing the video... and then the video "blinks" and stays black again. Sometimes it has a green line in the middle, sometimes not 🙂 The video is like 10MB, so should not be difficult to process.

I realize it is a glitchy feature but was hoping to make it work for my project. Cannot find any other way to add video to pdf even with a third party apps, probably will just insert links instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

media2.png

media.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when my attempts worked, I also saw the Connecting... message first.  Then mine played.  I assume you've tried a different video file to test?  Do you have a different computer to try to open & play the file?  I wasn't expecting mine to play on another machine, and it did.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, what exactly version number you use and OS? Can you attach this pdf so I can try on my machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue and no idea how to play video...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also... when I emailed it to the other machine for testing, the embedded video player looked different than on the first machine - this might indicate that playing the video is dependant on what is externally installed on the machine (not within Acrobat itself).

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting... I tried to do it on another PC (which is also Acer) and it seems to work. So Acer Aspire 5 - doesnt work, Acer Swift 3 - works. Both of them are mine and all the software is exactly the same (the one which works is older actually). Now I need to find why, there must be some difference 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if there isn't a needed update to some other piece of software/codex that would facilitate it to play.  (Just thinking out loud with you).

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if it has something to do with Adobe stopping Flash support. Because I literally cannot find any other thing which is different from one PC to another...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. tryed almost every codec via media encoder (h264, wmv, mpg2 etc.) but when I play the videos they just show  the audiowave. Tried it on multiple PCs (Windows 10, latest build, all drivers updated) with Nvidia and Intel Chipsets - DC or just Reader, no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many variants of behaviors - Hoping that someone from Adobe can chime in on this issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, this issue is still ON. Especially, after the last update to Acrobat Pro. According to MANY Adobe experts, as well as official customer-care  - this is a major bug which hasnt been resolved yet. Hence, I had to go back to an older version, which - however - lacks other features. Honestly, whoever is able to embed a video on Acrobat Pro in 2023...well, good for you. Is just a bit awkward to pay full subsciption for so many years and to have to build a presentation on a third-party PDF editor. Nice one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines