Highlighted

Adding a color background in a box on a PDF document using Abobe Acrobat Pro Dc

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

How do I add a color background in a box on a PDF doc on Adobe Acrobat Pro DC? I initially drew the box, then I went to the background tab to add the color I wanted, and the whole page color was changed. I am trying to apply the color only in the box I have drawn.

Thanks!

Hi zolam56253661,

If you are trying to fill colour in the text box background, then select box and press "Ctrl+E". You will get the Text box properties.

Select the colour from fill colour icon. Check screenshot for same.

1.PNG

Let us know if this resolves your issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adding a color background in a box on a PDF document using Abobe Acrobat Pro Dc

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

How do I add a color background in a box on a PDF doc on Adobe Acrobat Pro DC? I initially drew the box, then I went to the background tab to add the color I wanted, and the whole page color was changed. I am trying to apply the color only in the box I have drawn.

Thanks!

Hi zolam56253661,

If you are trying to fill colour in the text box background, then select box and press "Ctrl+E". You will get the Text box properties.

1.PNG

Regards,

Meenakshi

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 27, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi zolam56253661,

1.PNG

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2016 1
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did, thanks a zillion!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I press "Ctrl+E" I'm still unable to change the fill color.  My properties box pops up like below.  I'm simply trying to fill a text box white in Edit mode, so that the text appears on the colored PDF background.  These used to be two separate options...

Untitled picture.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a comment text box?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue and Ctrl+E only changes the alignment of the text in the box. If I do Ctrl+E without selecting anything, the Properties box opens up, but tells me there no current selection.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to Acrobat Pro DC several years ago  I've been unable to get any "response" from the color selection for text box fills.  Unlike previous Acrobat Pro versions, the identical text box fill color selections yield no results in DC version, in spite of correct selections.  The majority of my web searches merely parrot "correct" procedures, while often ignoring numerous Pro DC users' complaints about this apparent "bug".  I fully understand and follow correct DC Pro procedures for adding or modifying text box fill color selections.  Problem:  DC Pro is dysfunctional - it doesn't work.  I've used all Acrobat Pro versions since version 4.  I suspect I'll simply have to resume use of my Fully-Functional (and "portable") Acrobat 6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I occasionally need to "white out" something on a printed form, I'll scan the document as a PDF then open the document in Photoshop where, using the paintbrush tool, I can cover the error in a color to match the document's color.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Ctrl-E does nothing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Acrobat Pro exactly (“latest” is not what we are looking for)?

Mac or Windows?

What tool is selected?

what tool added the box?

please answer all the questions thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as the others. Cntrl-E doesn't really do anything. Sometimes the properties box comes up but all it says is "no current selection," even if I have the text box selected.

To answer your questions:

What version of Acrobat Pro exactly (“latest” is not what we are looking for)?

Is this what you need?

Mac or Windows?

Windows

What tool is selected?

I've tried using "add text" and "edit."

what tool added the box?

Add text.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not what we were discussing here. You're adding static text. The properties for that are available in the panel on the right.

The floating properties toolbar that opens with Ctrl+E only works for comments and form fields (of a certain type).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do the same thing (add colour to the background of a text box). I am not making a form and not adding a comment. It seems that there is no option in acrobat DC to do this. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2020 0
Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It it's not a comment, and not a form field, then what kind of text box is it?  If you are looking at it using the "Edit PDF" tool panel, then it is page content. If this is the case then there is no real text box. This is more of a text area. If you'd like to put a background behind it you have to do a bit more work. 

1) Place a rectangle markup on the page of the correct size with the backgound and broder you want.

2) Move this rectangle over top the text with the positioning you want.

3) Flatten the page content - you can download a free flattener here: https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Free_Acrobat_Automation_Tools.cfm

4) Open up the "Edit PDF" tool panel. 

5) Select the rectangle.

6) Select "Send to Back" from the editing tools on the right side of the Acrobat Window. TEst.png

That's it, you now have a background box behind the text.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2020 0
P87 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following youtube video will show you step by step.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFOWJa4F_90

In this video, I will show you, How to change shape color of pdf document in acrobat pro dc. ** Premium Service **http://bit.ly/2TiFH5lhttp://bit.ly/2NaJtY9...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Control E does nothing. Hoe can a simple color fill change within a box be so difficult@

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a nightmare.  I'm also trying to change the background colour of objects.  It seems way complicated.  I've tried the above suggestions and still can't get it right. I have a shap/text box and select ctrl E.  No properties.  

Can someone explain what a 'text area' is.  All I want to do is insert a shape/text box and edit its colour. 

terryt28704289_0-1600436317649.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of objects?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0