• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a Digital Signature Field

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently began using Acrobat DC Pro after some time. I am trying to add in a digital signature field into a PDF but am having trouble finding how I can do that. Following a number of help articles and videos on YouTube, it seems like this ability may have changed or been removed from Acrobat. Can anyone verify that for me or point me in the right direction? I want to add a "click-to-sign" essentially in a form. Thanks!

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Don't tick the "This file requires digital signature" box when you create it, even if you want to add them...

If you already did, follow these instructions: Click on Tools - Prepare Form and then click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tools > Prepare Form

There you can add the signature field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I apologize, but maybe there is something I am missing in the configuration of the Signature Field. I've added that, but in the past I've been used to a red arrow icon to click to sign. This just seems to add a blank text field where a signature could be added?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create a Acrobat form or a Adobe Sign form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't tick the "This file requires digital signature" box when you create it, even if you want to add them...

If you already did, follow these instructions: Click on Tools - Prepare Form and then click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much.  I was having the same issue and was copying digital signature fields from other forms I created.  Reverting to Acrobat Form did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an Acrobat Form. I honestly have reviewed videos, help documents, and more and just cannot crack this one. Do I need to have a license for Adobe Sign? I see options for standard signature fields but not a true click-to-sign field like I am used to. I apologize, I feel dense, but just do not know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Tools > Prepare Form and create the signature field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or if you still seem to want something different please share the URL of a form that does what you want to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines