• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a duplicate page without messing with the copied page

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to add a duplicate page to insert a memo on fillable pdf forms I use for work. When I insert a blank page, the page is not editable/typeable, but I need to copy an exact memo page to my file. When I copy or duplicate said page, I lose ALL contents from the page I copied/duplicated. When I copy/duplicate from the page I need and begin typing it erases everything from the previous page and the new content I type is now on both memo pages. How can I copy/duplicate a page where I can continue writing notes without it merging with the page I copied from? This is a shared pdf that is accessible to others. Please help!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add, this is for Adobe DC. If this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use unique names for the form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you duplicate the page you're also duplicating the fields on it, and fields with the same name will have the same value. So you need to rename those fields after duplicating the page. This can be done in a couple of ways. You can do it manually (go field by field and change their name), or you could use a script. The latter can create a Template from your page and spawn a copy of it with renamed fields, or it can re-create the duplicated fields with new names (it can't rename them directly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'm not sure how to do this though. So, I have a 2 page fillable form. The third page is the notes page. I need to add a 4th notes page. When I add a page it's just a blank page that does not mirror the 3rd page and I am unable to type on it. When I duplicate or extract it's an exact copy of the page, but when I type it deletes everything in the third page and copies what ever i type on the 4th. I tried extracting and saving as template to my desktop and dragging the file back in, but the same thing happens. I've seen a bunch of comments about renaming the file or page, but am unsure how to do that. I dont want to rename the entire pdf as I share this with coworkers that we access through a program via chrome. Can you provide more details in what I can do to get the new page exactly like the page I need and be able to type my notes without it mirroring said copied page? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. I duplicated the page, renamed the field and the issue still occured. I cannot do anything on that 4th page without it deleting the contents of the 3rd page I need duplicated and copying exactly what I type on the 4th page onto the 3rd page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. I did it!! Did not realize I had to rename the entire name. I was renaming as "text 1", "text 2". I literally had to change the name so I did the copied page as "notes" and was able to type new content with out disturbing the previous page. Yay me! Thank you all for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing the name of the duplicate field from "text 1" to "text 2" should have worked, too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should not happen. Can you share the file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines