Highlighted

Adding Adobe Acrobat XI Pro tab to Microsoft Visio Professional 2019 64 bit

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from Microsoft Visio 2010 to Microsoft Visio Professional 2019.  For technical reasons, I am running the 64 bit version of the software.

I own a license to Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.  The Adobe/Acrobat tab (it is called different things in different apps) appears in the ribbon for the standard applications in Microsoft Office 2019 (Word, Outlook, Excel).  I know the Acrobat tab was not an option in Microsoft Visio 2010.  But it would seem there is a chance that the Acrobat tab could be compatible with Microsoft Visio Professional 2019 (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatible-web-browsers-pdfmaker-applications-old.html shows that Acrobat XI Pro, version 11.0.16, would be compatible with Microsoft Visio 2016--at least, for the 32 bit edition).  Microsoft Visio Professional 2019 shows the Adobe Add-In as active (linked to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\PDFMaker\Office\PDFMVisio.vsl), but I still see no tab in the ribbon, nor any way to turn on the tab in the ribbon.

Is there any way to add the Acrobat tab to my Visio ribbon?

Thanks in advance,

Ariel

The answer is that Acrobat Pro DC and Acrobat Pro 2020 support neither 64-bit Visio nor 64-bit Project in terms of PDFMaker.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adding Adobe Acrobat XI Pro tab to Microsoft Visio Professional 2019 64 bit

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from Microsoft Visio 2010 to Microsoft Visio Professional 2019.  For technical reasons, I am running the 64 bit version of the software.

I own a license to Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.  The Adobe/Acrobat tab (it is called different things in different apps) appears in the ribbon for the standard applications in Microsoft Office 2019 (Word, Outlook, Excel).  I know the Acrobat tab was not an option in Microsoft Visio 2010.  But it would seem there is a chance that the Acrobat tab could be compatible with Microsoft Visio Professional 2019 (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatible-web-browsers-pdfmaker-applications-old.html shows that Acrobat XI Pro, version 11.0.16, would be compatible with Microsoft Visio 2016--at least, for the 32 bit edition).  Microsoft Visio Professional 2019 shows the Adobe Add-In as active (linked to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\PDFMaker\Office\PDFMVisio.vsl), but I still see no tab in the ribbon, nor any way to turn on the tab in the ribbon.

Is there any way to add the Acrobat tab to my Visio ribbon?

Thanks in advance,

Ariel

The answer is that Acrobat Pro DC and Acrobat Pro 2020 support neither 64-bit Visio nor 64-bit Project in terms of PDFMaker.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably not compatible if it's not mentioned in that list. There's nothing that can be done about it, short of getting a more up-to-date version of Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67, I was afraid of that.  But thanks for letting me know.

But what about newer versions?  Even the compatibility list for Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2017, and Acrobat 2020 (Pro versions) only discuss compatibility with Microsoft Visio 2019 32 bit (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatible-web-browsers-pdfmaker-applications.html😞 there is no mention of support for the 64 bit version of the product.  Do you know if upgrading would add a ribbon entry for Microsoft Visio 2019 64 bit?  I'd hate to spend $300-$450 to upgrade to Acrobat 2020 and still not have sufficient compatibilty for the Acrobat tab on the ribbon.

Thanks in advance,

Ariel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would get the trial version of Acrobat DC. You can test it for a week and then decide whether or not you want to subscribe to it for longer. Notice that if you don't do anything it will automatically start a subscription for you, though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'll look into it.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Dov.  Thanks for the information.  That's frustrating, since even Acrobat XI Pro supports 64-bit Office apps, but I accept it as the answer.

Ariel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0