Adding Email Attachments Directly To a Portfolio

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to drag an attachment from an open Outlook email directly to a PDF Portfolio's folder.  When the icon is hovering over the folder, the little box with the plus indicator shows up, but after I drop the file, it fails to copy over.

Is there a way/setting to change that will allow me to do this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adding Email Attachments Directly To a Portfolio

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to drag an attachment from an open Outlook email directly to a PDF Portfolio's folder.  When the icon is hovering over the folder, the little box with the plus indicator shows up, but after I drop the file, it fails to copy over.

Is there a way/setting to change that will allow me to do this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't seem to be the correct procedure.

Maybe you'll need to use the following method:

Outlook4.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off:  I really appreciate the help. 

That doesn't quite accomplish what I'm trying to achieve.  I'm not looking to move the whole email into the portfolio, just the attachment.

Basically, I'm looking to have the PDF portfolio open, have the open outlook message also open.  Click the attachment and drag it to the open adobe portfolio and drop into the folder I need it to go into.  I know this can be accomplished by dragging the attachment to the desktop, dropping it there and then drag-dropping to the portfolio, I'm just trying to cut out the middle step.

But if it doesn't work that way, it doesn't work that way.  🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off:  I truly appreciate the help. 

That doesn't quite accomplish what I'm trying to achieve.  I'm not looking to move the whole email into the portfolio, just the attachment.

Basically, I'm looking to have the PDF portfolio open, have the open outlook message also open.  Click the attachment and drag it to the open adobe portfolio and drop into the folder I need it to go into.  I know this can be accomplished by dragging the attachment to the desktop, dropping it there and then drag-dropping to the portfolio, I'm just trying to cut out the middle step.

But if it doesn't work that way, it doesn't work that way.  🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm,  well, in that case I don't see a problem if disabling Sandbox protections in the Acrobat preferences will  allow this workflow.

But from what I'm reading it seems that you can't cut the "middle-man" step of dropping the copied attachment  to a location in Windows Explorer first.

This may be due to the different  permissions (or lack of elevated privileges in this context) between Outlook, Windows Explorer , and Acrobat.

This makes me wonder if running both Outlook and  Acrobat as Administrator (specifically Acrobat not in a containerized process) will waive this security restrictions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Joe7272 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll look into other options outside of Acrobat that might be causing the issue.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0