• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Images and Text to Existing PDFs in a Batch Process

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a variety of PDF brochures between 2-4 pages long. 

We have many clients that we add their logo and contact information in a predefined space on each brochure. 

Currently, we are adding this information one by one in InDesign and saving as a PDF.

I'm looking for a PDF solution where we could select the brochures they are requesting and add the logo and contact information. Then saving to a new PDF.

The location of the image and text varies between the documents.

We do not want to use fillable PDFs as that is tacky with the highlights and how easily the fields can be edited.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your last comment. What do highlights have to do with fillable PDFs? And how is it "tacky"?

Anyway, using form fields is the only way to do it, unless your clients all have access to Adobe Acrobat. It's a simple and easy to use solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't want to the blue form fields we want the color of the background to show through. The blue form field distract and don't look professional on a business brochure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable it using a script, if it's not already disabled in the user preferences.

I disagree that it "doesn't look professional", though. Looks just fine to me and it helps the user know that the file contains fillable fields...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any third party software they would suggest to automate this process. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could probably develop it for you, for a fee of course. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you set the fields as read-only then they are not highlighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines