• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding lines to a form that aren’t clickable

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I scan a document and convert it to a form that you can fill out in acrobat pro, Most of the lines and boxes are hard coded or non editable so to speak. Sorry for the lack of technical jargon. For example, the address field... you have the word address and then there is a line underneath for the person to write on. Well we are setting this up for electronic forms to fill out using an iPad, tablet etc... when I go to add a line, the only option I have found is adding a line using the comments tool> drawing tools>Line. When we go to fill out all the different fields, I keep clicking on these "lines" that I added instead of the fields. We have to zoom way in to actually click on the editable field and it's a royal pain. How do create lines that aren't "objects" that can be clicked on?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sandra,

Thanks for reaching out. I believe you have created a fillable for using Acrobat DC desktop application.

When you have setup the form fields, may I know that what was the requirement of placing line within the filed? Is it to make some sort of manual filling only? They are of no use if you have the form filed on the screen.

You must make the Fileds appearance bold, so that line doesn't require. Right click on form filed>Properties>Appearence

Under "Options" select "Multi-line" [Take the help of screenshots added here: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/Make-a-multiline-paragraph-match-the-lines-on-the-form-q145608.aspx]

Just check out this similar discussion here, it would help: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/how-can-i-add-extra-lines-to-a-document-q231702.aspx

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much, ill try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that needs to be done before you add the fields. Add the lines and other graphical elements that are missing from the scanned version, then flatten the file (this can be done using a script or the Preflight tool), and only then start adding the fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could place your scanned document into an InDesign file (either as an image or text) and properly format your form there, exporting to an interactive PDF, then adding form fields in Acrobat, or continue the method you are currently using, adding lines with the comment tool, then run an Acrobat preflight fixup (Tools> Print Production> Preflight> Fixup) to flatten the comments into the page contents, then add your form fields. 

AkanchhaS, I can't open your links, are they working for you?

Flatten comments to page contents.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines