Highlighted

Adding Subject Line text to Javascript code

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using the below code, which I found on this community, to alert required fields which works fine when all is good and the email pops up it is missing the subject line, can anyone help with the Javascript to add text to the Subject Field

Thanks in advance

Paul

var emptyFields = []; for (var i=0; i<this.numFields; i++) { var f= this.getField(this.getNthFieldName(i)); if (f.type!="button" && f.required ) { if (f.defaultValue==f.valueAsString) emptyFields.push(f.name); } } if (emptyFields.length>0) { app.alert("Error! You must fill in the following fields:\n" + emptyFields.join("\n")); } else this.mailDoc({cTo: "Colette.Williams@sjp.co.uk"});

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Change this:

{cTo: "Colette.Williams@sjp.co.uk"}

To:

{cTo: "Colette.Williams@sjp.co.uk", cSubject: "Message subject goes here"}

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adding Subject Line text to Javascript code

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using the below code, which I found on this community, to alert required fields which works fine when all is good and the email pops up it is missing the subject line, can anyone help with the Javascript to add text to the Subject Field

Thanks in advance

Paul

var emptyFields = []; for (var i=0; i<this.numFields; i++) { var f= this.getField(this.getNthFieldName(i)); if (f.type!="button" && f.required ) { if (f.defaultValue==f.valueAsString) emptyFields.push(f.name); } } if (emptyFields.length>0) { app.alert("Error! You must fill in the following fields:\n" + emptyFields.join("\n")); } else this.mailDoc({cTo: "Colette.Williams@sjp.co.uk"});

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Change this:

To:

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change this:

To:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
PerivanP LATEST
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats Brilliant much appreciated as always

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0