Highlighted

Adding Text Box Redacts Form

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I downloaded a form from a website and used "Prepare Form" to make it fillable. There were a few spots that still needed a text box but when I chose "Add a text field" from the toolbar and dropped it in place, it redacted the preprinted information on the page. 

I can work around this using the "Edit PDF" tool but would appreciate any advice for making the text box work correctly.

Thanks

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adding Text Box Redacts Form

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I downloaded a form from a website and used "Prepare Form" to make it fillable. There were a few spots that still needed a text box but when I chose "Add a text field" from the toolbar and dropped it in place, it redacted the preprinted information on the page. 

I can work around this using the "Edit PDF" tool but would appreciate any advice for making the text box work correctly.

Thanks

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you place the form field at a empty space?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, although I will say the empty space is rather narrow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain your problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. The problem seems to be specific to the form. If I add a text box in another form, it works. I'm just going to use "Add Text" under "Edit PDF" for the few places I can't successfully insert a text box. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add form fields use Tools > Prepare Form

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would check to see if there are any document-level JavaScripts in the form. I'd be happy to take a look if you're willing to share the file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy to share the file but I can't find how to do that! Sorry...I'm a newbie to the community.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Tools > Share in Acrobat, create a link, and post the link.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provider App - Fillable

The problem I'm having is on page 30 of the application. When I try to add a text box for EIN/SSN and/or NPI, it redacts the page. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem to a add text fields there:

Bild1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a problem with my set up. I tried again to add the text fields to EIN/SSN and NPI and all the preprinted information disappeared. 

I'm giving up and moving on at this point. Thanks to both of you for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0