• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding time to a calculated time

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've search thru so many posts on here and found a lot of what I needed.  What I can't figure out is how to add a number to calculated time field.  I don't even know how to explain this.

I've attached the form.  I need "Total Hours" + "Total Hours2" + "Unsupervised" = "Total Hours_3"

Total Hours - calculated time - calculates correctly

Total Hours2 - manually entered time - calculates correctly

Unsupervised - manually entered time - no calculation

Total Hours_3 - calculated time - does NOT calculate correctly

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Hi aasher1,

See attached...you just need to change over your time format to suit, but when you press the 'RESET' button, the form fields you suggest are now cleared to allow it to be printed and filled-in by hand ;-).

Can't take the credit for the time calcs., something that is attributable to the experts on this forum - people like Try67 and Nesa. I use Try67's products extensively, can highly recommend a look at his website for some really cool solutions....http://try67.blogspot.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen these links on every post I looked at.  They are primarily for Dates.  They were no help when it comes to time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, If you are ok with the format you are using and just want to get correct calculation in 'Total Hours_3' field
divide 'Total Hours' with 60 in the first line of your code.
But you are not calculating time correctly, for example in 'Total Hours 2' what if you input 2.40 and 3.50 you will get
5.9 instead of 6.30 (6:30h). If you are calculating like  that on purpose then ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried setting that the hours for Total Hours2 had to be entered with : but then it would blank out one of my other calculations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aasher1,

Like you, used to have a few issues with time! see the attached file, might be what your looking for?. Uses the 24-hr format of time, as makes it easier to understand. Did a bit of a "format" for you, based on what you might be doing?.

😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh My!  That's pretty much exactly what I needed.  I changed the format from HH:MM to h:mm tt  in the first section and it still worked.  Looking at what you did for the formula's and all, I would NEVER have gotten it.  Now all I need is when the form is cleared that all the total fields show as blank as the form is sometimes printed and handwritten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aasher1,

See attached...you just need to change over your time format to suit, but when you press the 'RESET' button, the form fields you suggest are now cleared to allow it to be printed and filled-in by hand ;-).

Can't take the credit for the time calcs., something that is attributable to the experts on this forum - people like Try67 and Nesa. I use Try67's products extensively, can highly recommend a look at his website for some really cool solutions....http://try67.blogspot.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once again, thank you so much!  I don't know what I would have done without your help.  I'll check out the link you sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines