• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe 8 activation

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is one thing to say Adobe 8.1 is no longer supported.  It is another to dishonor (steal) the operability of a valid license code.  Shame.

TOPICS
Cancel subscription , Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , PDF forms , Print and prepress , Rich media and 3D , Scan documents and OCR , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question: are you using the same computer and OS as you were 14 years ago as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  And irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it's very relevant.

Look, I do not work for Adobe. I like just about all of the others in these forums do it because we are willing to take the time to help other users. Plain and simple. But I do think you need to sit down and read the license code you agreed to when obtaining the application. It never said that you could use the application forever in any future computer or any future operating system. Adobe very clearly tells users that there will come a time that any application will read EOL (End Of Life). Once that time has arrived, it is no longer responsible for making the changes for it to work in computers that haven't been design yet or in operating systems that have not been written yet.

I'm truly sorry that that is the way of this whole computer EcoSphere but that is the way it is. Adobe did NOT violate any license code, you simply were hoping for rules that do not exist.

Truly, all the best and good luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate you are not Adobe and are not responsible for Adobe's actions.  You should be aware that Adobe is using your volunteer forum as a "tar baby" recipient, however.

Not to belabor or troll, but your point would be granted, and relevant,  if Adobe 8.1 Pro no longer functioned on Windows 10 (Despite the ability to run programs on that platform by emulating earlier platforms.)  But that is not the case.

Adobe 8.1 Pro works just fine on Windows 10... without the emulation.  I assure you that its functions are robust and intact, including the one telling me that I have only X number of days to activate my license(s).  The activation sequence works just fine, Adobe is just not answering the call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines