• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acorbat DC unable to launch even with licence

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched from a personal paid licence to one that my university has provided, and have not had any issues using other Adobe softwares. However when I go to launch Acrobat DC, the Acrobat Licensing Application window pops up instead with the "Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator." message. Any clue how to fix this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adeline,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described,  you have no issues using other Adobe softwares. However when you go to launch Acrobat DC, the Acrobat Licensing Application window pops up instead with the "Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator."

Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the error message for a better understanding?

From the description it seems like you are getting the error message 'Something Went Wrong' . If yes, we need some more information to investigate the issue in detail

- What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat.
- What is the version of the OS you are using?
- Do you have any security software installed that might be causing the issue? If yes, what is the security software you are using?

Please collect the machine logs as described here (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html) and upload the logs on the Document Cloud (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/) , generate the link and share that link with us.

Also please share the file from the location "/Users/<USER_NAME>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist" for testing.

Let us know if you are referring to something else.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thank you for your reply. This is a screenshot of the error message I received.

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 6.31.49 PM.png

In response to your questions:
  1. Adobe Acrobat DC version: 20.0
  2. OS version: Catalina version 10.15.7
  3. I am unsure if I have any security software installed.
  4. Link to machine log file: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:1689b7eb-db85-40e3-9f23-9dd3465d2748 - there is also a folder generated on my desktop with 128 files in it, do I need to share this as well?
  5. I am unable to find a file with that name.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Adeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Thank you for sharing the details. In order to investigate the issue in detail we would also need the plist file from the location "/Users/<USER_NAME>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist"

The user Library folder is hidden by default in macOS. Use one of the following methods to make the user Library content visible as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines