Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat 2017: Issue with MS Outlook (O365) right-click menu option for PDF conversion.

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that's found that when converting a MS Outlook message/email to PDF by using the right-click menu option when viewing the inbox, the PDF can't be viewed in Google Chrome unless the option to 'Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome' has been enabled. The file then has to be downloaded to view. This has not always been the case and has only started to occur recently.

Alternatively, you can double-click the message to open it in a new window then select the option to convert it to PDF from the ‘File’ menu and this can then be viewed without downloading the file first.

So… Does Abode Acrobat 2017 allow any changes to actions performed via the right-click menu, or as I’d assume would need to be fixed by a future software update?

TOPICS
Create PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat 2017: Issue with MS Outlook (O365) right-click menu option for PDF conversion.

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that's found that when converting a MS Outlook message/email to PDF by using the right-click menu option when viewing the inbox, the PDF can't be viewed in Google Chrome unless the option to 'Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome' has been enabled. The file then has to be downloaded to view. This has not always been the case and has only started to occur recently.

Alternatively, you can double-click the message to open it in a new window then select the option to convert it to PDF from the ‘File’ menu and this can then be viewed without downloading the file first.

So… Does Abode Acrobat 2017 allow any changes to actions performed via the right-click menu, or as I’d assume would need to be fixed by a future software update?

TOPICS
Create PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As the issue started occurring recently, did you make any recent changes on the machine after which you experience the change?

Could you please share the Acrobat and MS Outlook version details? Also, share the OS version on the machine.

It would be helpful if you can share the video of the issue occurring on your end for better understanding. It will help us to further investigate the issue.

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Tom5E91 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenakshi

Thank you for your reply.

Please find the Windows build, Outlook and Adobe versions attached, along with the error that’s displayed when attempting to create a PDF using the right-click menu. I’ve not taken a video of the issue, but I’m going to try and replicate this on another copy of Acrobat 2017 with the same Windows build (so I could send over a video of that). I’ve not been able to locate the serial number either (had a quick look in the registry). Happy to uninstall and re-install the software if this helps.

I’ve ensured outstanding updates have been applied (the Windows 10 feature update is currently being applied), I’ve tried to repair the Adobe installation (it ran but didn’t report a repair had been run) and I have checked for Adobe updates but it reports ‘update failed’.

If you require any further details please just let me know.

Best regards

Tom

Adobe Chrome error.PNGAdobe version.PNGOutlook version.PNGWindows version.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0