• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat 2017 Pro from Mac to Windows

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to transfer the Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 license from Mac to Windows? I no longer need it on the Mac and would only just have it installed on the one computer. I am currently running Adobe Acrobat Pro XI on the Windows machine right now if that makes any difference.

Thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking more into this there is something called a "Platform Exchange", however, I am not sure if they will do it with the 2017 version since the 2020 version is current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Acrobat 2017/2020 is like most older (non subscription) apps, then you have it exactly; you can only do a platform swap of the current version. In such cases, Adobe used to be able to sell a "platform swap upgrade" which combines both actions. This was not an item you could buy online or from a reseller, only by contacting Adobe Customer Service. 

Until Acrobat 2020 was released you could also have purchased an upgrade from Acrobat XI to 2017, but that window has now closed.

(A note which does not apply: if you had subscribed instead, you could have run it on either computer, without needing to uninstall from the other one at all).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines