Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat Action Corrupting Placed Images - Changing Bold Text to Regular

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an action that I've used for years to batch save documents with the bookmarks panel open. Yesterday I noticed that it was corruting placed images by some removing bold text with regular text (same font). Not everywhere but certain headings. I confirmed this by comparing before and after versions. It's definitely the action. Has anyone else experienced this?2020-11-06 09_18_30-Clipboard.png

Correct answer by awhfman | Community Beginner

UPDATE - I deleted the Action I created years ago and downloaded one called "Set Initial View" that someone created at Acrobatuser.com in their Actions Exchange.

Whatever I had in mine during the save must have been messing with something because this one works perfectly!

Thanks to all!

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat Action Corrupting Placed Images - Changing Bold Text to Regular

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an action that I've used for years to batch save documents with the bookmarks panel open. Yesterday I noticed that it was corruting placed images by some removing bold text with regular text (same font). Not everywhere but certain headings. I confirmed this by comparing before and after versions. It's definitely the action. Has anyone else experienced this?2020-11-06 09_18_30-Clipboard.png

Correct answer by awhfman | Community Beginner

UPDATE - I deleted the Action I created years ago and downloaded one called "Set Initial View" that someone created at Acrobatuser.com in their Actions Exchange.

Whatever I had in mine during the save must have been messing with something because this one works perfectly!

Thanks to all!

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would run the "Accessibility Checker" tool and review the report to spot what errors could be generating this issue.

In my opinion this could be lack of appropriate configuration of the PDF Optimizer.

This matters depending on the type of source file that is being converted to a PDF.

For example, the original document may have embedded text that may not be available to Acrobat and during the  conversion to PDF Acrobat may replace it.

If the source file is an AutoCAD file there's no much to play around with. You may be limited to only changing these settings:

autocad2pdf.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 1
ls_rbls LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Don't forget to mark you solution as correct answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0