Adobe Acrobat app signature deactivate "store on device"

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,
I'm about to setup a pdf form with 3 signature fields (technician, customer, service manager).
Each of those should be able to sign the document and after the customer having signed, the fields should be disabled for further modification.
The signatures should be done via finger writing on ipad or iphone.
That's more or less working, but the Acrobat app always wants to store the signature on the device.
How can I disable the standard setting for this?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,
Kilian

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Create PDFs, How to, PDF forms, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kilian!

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please share more details about the issue as asked below:

1. How you are creating the PDF form and sending it for signature?

2. When you say Acrobat App wants to add the signature, could you please share the exact workflow used here to add/ create a signature? 

3. Share the application and OS version on the device

Thanks,

Meenakshi

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Meenakshi,

thank you very much for taking the time to have a look on my request.

1. The form is created in Adobe Acrobat DC - Edit Form. I'm loading a PDF created in Word, and exported as PDF/XPS, and then placing the text and signature field into it. I store the Form as PDF on Onedrive.

2. On iPhone I open OneDrive and load the PDF file with the Acrobat App. I can edit the Form and place the signature, but as I said, the screen which opens to enter the signature always wants to store the signature by default on the device, which makes it impossible to add another customer signature to the next field.
3. Adobe Acrobat App V 21.03.00 (20210317.085950) and iOS 14.4.1

Additionally, I couldn't find an easy way to lock the PDF, once it is signed.
At the end I'm now using another app, which does exactly what I want: Having the ability to decide, whether I want to enter my signature (which is automatically stored) or a customer signature (which is not stored) and store the PDF as a locked PDF, after I entered the signatures. to directly send it to the next person in the process.

Kind regards,
Kilian

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines