Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat cc

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to save a file this pop up appears on my screen

The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder.

I am unable to save the file after changes. This a recent occurence. I've checked the folder settings and they are not set at "read only" 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder.

Are you on Windows or Mac OS? If you are on Windows OS please check out the steps in the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/unable-to-save-pdf-windows-10.html

If you have Mac OS, please check the correct answer in the similar discussion - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/can-t-save-quot-the-file-may-be-read-only-or-another-user-may... and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Amal

I have a subscription to Adobe Acrobat Pro and use a Mac

Adobe Support has since informed me that the subscription version of Adobe Acrobat has a problem with Mac's latest software for which there is no current solution.

Problem may be resolved in later upgrade.

Meantime my Acrobat Pro is useless since I cannot save files.

My Acrobat Pro is part of my Adobe subscription. I don't use Acrobat a lot.

Thans for your interest.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines