• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Closes immediately after signing in

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this seems to be an old problem but none of the fixes I have found seem to work. I have only had this for a couple months but now all of a sudden when I open acrobat dc it will ask me to sign in and then immediately close after signing in.  No matter what I do it wont stay open.  

Any current suggestions that arent from 2017?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Prairie

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the application closes immediately after signing in.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure  you have the latest version 21.01.20145 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Win Only) Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup' Turn off the protected mode and uncheck Enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the computer once.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risks.

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile in Windows with full admin rights and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal, I'm afraid I can no longer try those things.  I had bought and paid for Acrobat DC every month since October. It worked fine until a week or two ago. After trying everything I could find it still wouldn't work and in the Creative Cloud said that acrobat was up to date.  

Today I decided to completely Uninstall everything Adobe and and just reinstall the creative cloud software and all.  Now it tells me that Acrobat DC is not available for my computer so I can no longer install it. 

Quite frustrated and feel as if my time and money have now been wasted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to reinstall the application. Please use the Acrobat Cleaner Tool here https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines