Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat could not open .pdf

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most updated Creative Cloud ... However, when I want to open a pdf that I download from the Department of Veterans Affair," I received constantly the following message: "Adobe Acrobat could not open .pdf because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat could not open .pdf

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most updated Creative Cloud ... However, when I want to open a pdf that I download from the Department of Veterans Affair," I received constantly the following message: "Adobe Acrobat could not open .pdf because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 15, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably, it was once a PDF and something damaged it. Often, downloading it in an unusual way will do that. Please take us, step by step, through how you find, download and open this file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0