• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC 2018 - Calibri Font Missing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in simple terms.   How do I install the Calibri fonts in my new version of Adobe Acrobat DC?  It is substituting Minion Pro...

I need to edit pdf documents.   My previous version of Adobe Acrobat 2015 had the font.  what happened?

thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

This font doesn’t come with Acrobat and never did. Acrobat uses the fonts in your system. So, It’s just a font that was on your system, for some reason, and now isn’t, for some reason. Like, maybe you upgraded Windows or Office. For info on the Microsoft products that used to bundle this font see the table at the bottom of Calibri - Version 5.72  which also includes a link to purchase it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This font doesn’t come with Acrobat and never did. Acrobat uses the fonts in your system. So, It’s just a font that was on your system, for some reason, and now isn’t, for some reason. Like, maybe you upgraded Windows or Office. For info on the Microsoft products that used to bundle this font see the table at the bottom of Calibri - Version 5.72  which also includes a link to purchase it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My previous Mac (2013) had calibri in my Adobe Acrobat pro DC (2015). What I realized is that my new Mac (2017) , even though I purchased all new programs (Microsoft suite and adobe acrobat pro dc,“),  Calibri is not install in the Mac on this Mac, I guess. I personally am very disappointed that Mac can be so petty. Spent $4000 on the Mac Book Pro, and I suppose because it’s a Microsoft font, they aren’t supporting it And expect me to buy that too.  Ridiculous, caliber isnt a special font!

So my question is not actually answered because I need calibri for my work and I don’t know how to get it installed in adobe (it’s in word, etc) but I don’t think from your message, it’s an adobe issue. 

Hindsite, shouldn’t have bought the Mac because I’m having to use my old computer to edit work PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the reason the Calibri font family is available in Microsoft Office products under MacOS is that the fonts are not installed on the Macintosh, but rather are hidden within the Microsoft Office executables as “resources” that are available to those programs, but otherwise invisible to others.

That's the answer to why! Microsoft didn't want to supply the fonts for general use under MacOS, but rather, only for use with Microsoft products.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov-  What do I do?  That other person said to buy the font, which I will, however,  it's expensive because, you have to buy reg font, italic, bold, etc.  How do I find a reputable place and install it correctly?  I am not sure that this community post is how to get answers, but since I no longer have the University IT to ask, I am at a loss.  (and I realize it is not an Adobe issue but that is the program, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC  2018 which  I am having the problem).

Thank you for being so helpful (and nice with your response!)

Nery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nery,

For better or worse, you would have this problem with any non-Microsoft program in which you wanted to access the Calibri font; it isn't only a symptom of Adobe products.

Under the circumstances, the only legal method of having access to this font is to license it and install it on your system. You don't need to pay someone to install a font. Simply use the FontBook utility to install the font.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You described everything perfect! So petty. How much is enough money and snobbery. I also thought you might enjoy, the reason this came up for me is my 2013 MacBook Pro i7 ($3200 in 2014) just died, I decided to treat myself at 62 to a new "Monster MacBook Pro" Get this, I bought a 96GB RAM, 4TB SSD chip for..... are you ready? $5799!! Whooooohooo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to finish by concluding that my first Mac was the Macintosh LC which stood for Low Cost! Hilarious. It was $2,499, ($5,598 adjusted 2022) Just confirming Apple Marketing has it going on. Keep your stock!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What?? You expect Apple or Adobe or Father Christmas to provide every font you once might have had and might want to use? To spend thousands of dollars on fonts? There are hundreds of thousands of fonts with a list price of millions of dollars, should you get every one for free? New Macs AND new Windows computers don't come with this. Read the list I posted, and you will see Microsoft used to supply it with various products, and now they don't. But they still sell it. If you need it, you can buy it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you buy it it's not available on the dropdown whem you try and change the font in a form field's properties. It's just not there. Adobe won't let you use it in Acrobat DC form fields full stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI ! I downloaded a pdf document in Mac and it has lines and dots, and the adobe acrobat reader says "calibri-bold is not available or created so some fonts will be missing in the document". So, I open the document with preview, it had all the fonts available included callibri-bold ones, I fill two blanks using textboxes in the preview version and close the document, then I open it again in adobe; to my surprise the callibri-bold words that were not available previously were present in the adobe version of the document; I deleted the textbooks and filled the document in adobe version.

Hope this will be helpful for the people trying to fill pdf documents in Mac with no callibri-font available .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know if you still are looking for the fonts, but you can download/use them from here:

https://www.rmtweb.co.uk/calibri-and-cambria-fonts-for-mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you; brilliant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this, but as Adobe doesn't play nice with Microsoft you still can't use them in Acrobat DC - they're just not on the dropdown even if saved on your system, I've tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to install the fonts using Font Book on your Mac, after downloading and extracting, and then restart your Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even think a system restart is needed. But if you had Adobe programs open you do need to close and reopen them. I just tried this with Calibri. While I had the programs open, it appeared greyed out at the bottom of the font list. After quitting and reopening Acrobat, Calibri was there. Good as gold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works great! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Champion! Same issue, but it's now 2023.. 

Thanks

C'mon Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot man! Signed in just to thank you and upvote this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. This is ridiculous! New MacBook Air, same Adobe. In this world where Calibri is as common as it gets, WHY would you not have this ready to be compatible? Why is it even an issue? Now I have to waste time to figure out something that should be a default. Ugh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Just wanted to say thank you to whomever provided the EASY link to download Calibri onto the Mac. YOU helped make someone's day and life much better! THANK YOU, THANK YOU! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i had the same problem and i found this Calibri font fro free i downloaded it and it works perfectly https://freefontsfamily.com/calibri-font-free-download/ just close you adobe and install the font and open it again, youll have it all set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your reply. I'll try it 🙂

--

*Siri Masterson*
*Dillingham Ranch **Wedding & Event Manager*
*808.382.3512 cell*
*www.dillinghamweddings.com <>*
*PO Box 888,**Waialua, HI 96791*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines