Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat DC 2020 Pop-ups

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded and installed Adobe Acrobat DC 2020. I went to settings and made it my default pdf reader. However, when I open a pdf file I first get pop-ups asking me to make Acrobat my default pdf application. How do I stop this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat DC 2020 Pop-ups

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded and installed Adobe Acrobat DC 2020. I went to settings and made it my default pdf reader. However, when I open a pdf file I first get pop-ups asking me to make Acrobat my default pdf application. How do I stop this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NBerelson,

Looking at the description given above, it seems that along with Acrobat 2020, either you have installed Acrobat DC or Acrobat Reader DC. Upon opening PDF, your Acrobat is redirecting to any one of these two.

Try making it default once again, following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/not-default-pdf-owner-windows10.html

Could you please share the screenshot of the message display on the screen? It would be more clear to understand what exactly its redirecting to?

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0