• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC does not open when I have a second monitor

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a DELL XPS 13 and a Samsung C49HG90 Monitor.

When I use the monitor, it is impossible to open any pdf with Adobe Acrobat DC.

On Task Manager it seems that Adobe Acrobat DC starts and then immediately shot down.

This does not happen when I m not using the monitor

Any advice on how to solve this issue?

Thank you

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Armando

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, the Acrobat Pro DC is crashing when you try to open a PDF using two monitor setup.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC you are using? To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.01.20142 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

If you are on Windows OS, please check out the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/dual-monitor-crash-windows.html and see if that works for you.

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Windows Only) and see if that helps. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at start up', Turn off the Protected Mode and uncheck 'Enhanced Security' > Click OK and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to turn off any security software installed on your computer for testing and see if that helps.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risks.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I’m using version 2021.01.20135, and when I try to update it (with no second monitor connected), it says:

Initializing…… updater is waiting for an existing operation to complete, and nothing happens.

dc.JPG

I rebooted the computer and tried again, and it says the same.

You tried to turn off the protected mode for testing and see if that helps.

You also tried to turn off the security software installed on my computer.

No progress

Regards

Armando

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now version 21.01.20142 is installed, but I still have the same issue.

Regards

Armando

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Armando

We are sorry to hear that. Have you tried the suggestion povided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/dual-monitor-crash-windows.html  shared earlier?

Also, please share the make and model of the second monitor that you are trying to use.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines