• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC - Export to Word 97-2003 - Unstable Margins

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit a lot of documents that have been converted to Word from .pdf. 

Without fail, as I edit one of these converted records, the bottom margin "shrinks" -- i.e., all on its own, the bottom margin reduces in size from one inch to practically no margin at all.

This is distracting and it is one more thing I have to fix when finished, assuming I can tolerate the distraction for that long.  

Why does this happen, and what can be done so the bottom margin never "shrinks" as described?  

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any details in hand about your documents, I can tell you that PDF files are created from so many different sources, workflows and creation 'engines' that it would be impossible to make a blanket statement as to the cause, I believe.  2 PDFs can look identical to the eye, and be radically different in how they are structured, and will behave with an export/convert process.  Also, the PDF to Word translation is always a best guess by the software, as far as layout is concerned.

You may want to click the Settings button on the Export to Word dialog to see if trying a different layout setting might help you.

convert word.png

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, and I figured there was no easy answer.  I will try what you suggested.

I appreciate it!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines