• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE Acrobat DC for iPad won’t open

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help, I have subscribed and installed the app for ADOBE Acrobat DC (the $14.99 subscription) but when I try to open documents either from the internet or from saved files they still will not open and I get a notice that ADOBE Acrobat DC for Windows or Mac is needed to open this document.  Why is this not working and what do I need to do differently? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, the only Apple store version is the free reader for mobile

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-mobile/bd-p/acrobat-reader-mobile?page=1&sort=latest_r...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>ADOBE Acrobat DC (the $14.99 subscription)

That subscription is for the desktop version of Acrobat Pro for Windows and Mac.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pricing.html

As John T Smith says, the free iPad app is for Acrobat Reader only.

That said, opening PDF files on your iPad should still work OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I first downloaded the free app from the apple store.  That didn't open the PDF files, so I followed the instructions and subscribed to the DC version on the website.  When I signed out and signed back in to my app it shows the DC version in the app from apple store, but still does not open the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Acrobat open PDFs on desktop but not on iPad? Or not on both? All PDFs or just one or two?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Will

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to open the PDF file.

We need some more information for a better understanding:

• Are you opening the PDF file on ipad or on a desktop/laptop computer?
  • Is this a behavior with a particualr PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try to open a different PDF file and check. if its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing so we can get it checked at our end.
    Please upload the file on the Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/  , generate the link and share it with us.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on an iPad.  The files "fail to convert" when I try to upload to the cloud.  Here is the link to the DA31.  They are all fillable PDFs from DOD.

https://armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/Details.aspx?PUB_ID=1020382 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can fill the from with Acrobat Reader on MS Windows or May. Not possible with Acrobat Reader on iOS or Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info.  I want to make sure I understand correctly.  I do not have a PC, but only an iPad.  So this means no matter what I do I cannot fill these from an iPad?  If this is the case I will be sad, but will find a PC for this specific work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you must use a PC or Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want you open XFA forms?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Walker, an Acrobat Pro subscription DOES unlock limited editing features in the iPad (only) version of Acrobat Reader.

Will Port, some kinds of PDF work only on Mac and Windows; a subscription does not change this. They are pretty rare now, where do you get them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>> an Acrobat Pro subscription DOES unlock limited editing features in the iPad (only) version of Acrobat Reader.

Good to know. Any links that explain what features in iPad Acrobat Reader are unlocked by an Acrobat Pro subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit PDF is certainly unlocked; also by something called Acrobat Premium whatever that is... https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobat/ios/en/editpdf.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines