Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat DC for mac crashes after update to version 2020.012.20043

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been using Acrobat Pro DC on my Macbook Pro, macOS Big Sur, with no issues until I updated to the Acrobat DC version 2020.012.20043. Immediately after the update, I am still able to start Acrobat and open a new or previously created document but as soon as I try to edit the open document or even click a hyperlink in the document, Acrobat instantly crashes.

I have restored the previous version of Acrobat Pro DC to see if that would solve the problem which it did not, now no matter the version of Acrobat, the same issue persists. Any ideas? Do I need to do a complete clean uninstall and then reinstall the prior version?

Anyone else having a similar problem or find a solution. I have already gone through the OS checklist provided by Adobe, with no success.

I have tried a few times to get direct support from Adobe, but everyone knows how that goes, nothing, just crickets. Or, "we've not heard of anyone having this problem. It must your operating system." UGH!

Topics

Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat DC for mac crashes after update to version 2020.012.20043

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been using Acrobat Pro DC on my Macbook Pro, macOS Big Sur, with no issues until I updated to the Acrobat DC version 2020.012.20043. Immediately after the update, I am still able to start Acrobat and open a new or previously created document but as soon as I try to edit the open document or even click a hyperlink in the document, Acrobat instantly crashes.

I have restored the previous version of Acrobat Pro DC to see if that would solve the problem which it did not, now no matter the version of Acrobat, the same issue persists. Any ideas? Do I need to do a complete clean uninstall and then reinstall the prior version?

Anyone else having a similar problem or find a solution. I have already gone through the OS checklist provided by Adobe, with no success.

I have tried a few times to get direct support from Adobe, but everyone knows how that goes, nothing, just crickets. Or, "we've not heard of anyone having this problem. It must your operating system." UGH!

Topics

Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am experiencing the same thing! I am using Mac with Big Sur and the program opens, but clicking anywhere in the document pane causes it to crash. Could really use some good news as I rely on Adobe in my work!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.. Adobe Pro crashes on big sur, it is completly useless...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  What I'd like to hear from the devs is a workaround.  What I *don't* want to hear is "we don't support beta OS so you're screwed."  How about you write software that works at a basic level no matter *what* OS version it's on?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue and stopped paying for Adobe. Competitive brands developed similar software, which works perfectly well on the beta Mac OS. Adobe is the most expensive and is bragging about not supporting betas - so weird. They should just be ashamed of not being able to move fwd at the same speed as the rest of the world. Maybe they are just too big of a company, too comfortable in their shoes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We apologize for not being able to get back to you on time.

We are still testing and optimizing Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC for Big Sur and don't support it yet. We recommend that you use our apps only on released versions of macOS.

We are working to ensure that our apps are compatible, but do not have a release date yet. We strongly recommend you wait until Big Sur is released. Also, do not upgrade if you are in the middle of a project. First, run Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC in a test environment to ensure they work with your current hardware configuration and drivers (printing and other features).

Here's an official help article about the same: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/mac-os11-big-sur-compatibility.html please go through it.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Akki_24 LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We apologize for not being able to get back to you on time.

We are still testing and optimizing Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC for Big Sur and don't support it yet. We recommend that you use our apps only on released versions of macOS.

We are working to ensure that our apps are compatible, but do not have a release date yet. We strongly recommend you wait until Big Sur is released. Also, do not upgrade if you are in the middle of a project. First, run Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC in a test environment to ensure they work with your current hardware configuration and drivers (printing and other features).

Here's an official help article about the same: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/mac-os11-big-sur-compatibility.html please go through it.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0