• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC for mac crashes after update to version 2020.012.20043

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been using Acrobat Pro DC on my Macbook Pro, macOS Big Sur, with no issues until I updated to the Acrobat DC version 2020.012.20043. Immediately after the update, I am still able to start Acrobat and open a new or previously created document but as soon as I try to edit the open document or even click a hyperlink in the document, Acrobat instantly crashes.

I have restored the previous version of Acrobat Pro DC to see if that would solve the problem which it did not, now no matter the version of Acrobat, the same issue persists. Any ideas? Do I need to do a complete clean uninstall and then reinstall the prior version?

Anyone else having a similar problem or find a solution. I have already gone through the OS checklist provided by Adobe, with no success.

I have tried a few times to get direct support from Adobe, but everyone knows how that goes, nothing, just crickets. Or, "we've not heard of anyone having this problem. It must your operating system." UGH!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am experiencing the same thing! I am using Mac with Big Sur and the program opens, but clicking anywhere in the document pane causes it to crash. Could really use some good news as I rely on Adobe in my work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.. Adobe Pro crashes on big sur, it is completly useless...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  What I'd like to hear from the devs is a workaround.  What I *don't* want to hear is "we don't support beta OS so you're screwed."  How about you write software that works at a basic level no matter *what* OS version it's on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue and stopped paying for Adobe. Competitive brands developed similar software, which works perfectly well on the beta Mac OS. Adobe is the most expensive and is bragging about not supporting betas - so weird. They should just be ashamed of not being able to move fwd at the same speed as the rest of the world. Maybe they are just too big of a company, too comfortable in their shoes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We apologize for not being able to get back to you on time.

We are still testing and optimizing Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC for Big Sur and don't support it yet. We recommend that you use our apps only on released versions of macOS.

We are working to ensure that our apps are compatible, but do not have a release date yet. We strongly recommend you wait until Big Sur is released. Also, do not upgrade if you are in the middle of a project. First, run Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC in a test environment to ensure they work with your current hardware configuration and drivers (printing and other features).

Here's an official help article about the same: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/mac-os11-big-sur-compatibility.html please go through it.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Mac Catalina not Big Sur so it is not BETA and since the Acrobat DC update in last week the app crashes immediately everytime I work on a document eg Fill and Sign. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled - What is going on seriously I need the app to work will you provide a refund for this type of serious issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your official help article referenced above, says this: 

Do Acrobat and Acrobat Reader work on macOS Big Sur?

Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2020, and Acrobat 2017 are compatible with macOS Big Sur (version 11).

But ever since I upgraded my OS to Big Sur 11.0.1 a little over a week ago, Acrobat DC has begun crashing whenever I click to close an open tab, whether I have several tabs open or just one. This is happening multiple times a day, as I use the app regularly on my current project. Can you please put a fix in place for this? Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above discussion in September was stating that it is expected to not work in Beta Version - Big Sur is now officially released (my understanding) and it still has the same problem. So the Beta Release time was not efficiently used to debug the problem. Why are we charged for Adobe Acrobat DC when it isn't working. I will now move to freeware and uterly gutted that I just renewed my license for a software that doesnt work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been ongoing and getting worse.  I have called Adobe for help, only to be told that the problem lies with the document and not the program.  However, I do not and have not experienced these problems with other pdf programs.  This problem has become so intolerable that I have resorted to using Google Chrome for opening up and reviewing pdf documents.  This is really pathetic and confirms that Adobe either (1) could care less about the quality of its program or (2) that the people responsible for maintaining and running Adobe are incompetent.  If anyone has any suggestions about better alternatives than using this problem, please post them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there-

Has this issue been resolved? I'm still experiencing frequent crashes with Acrobat DC Pro (version 2021.007.20091 on Macbook running big Sur 11.6, which is a year after this situation was first reported.  Nine times out of ten a few seconds after launching Acrobat Pro, I get the spinning beach ball and the program stops responding.  Any help would be highly appreciated, as Acrobat plays a big part of my workflow.  Thank you in advance.  Hamid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also on 11.6 Big Sur and DC continually crashes my iMac 2017. Lollipop of death emerges!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines