Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC install stuck

Participant ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a MacPro running 10.10.3

This morning Creative Cloud told me there was an update - Adobe Acrobat DC, I clicked update and the install started then stopped asking me to quit an app - can't recall the exact name but it was something like SafariCloudHelper, which I needed to quit via Activity Monitor. I continued with the install but its stuck at 35% (and has been for ages now).

Tried a restart and simply back to square one.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Sorted - restarted, used Activity Monitor to quit anything related to Safari (SafariCloudHelper etc) then ran the installer - installed fine. Restarted and all good.

Shouldn't have to do that though!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorted - restarted, used Activity Monitor to quit anything related to Safari (SafariCloudHelper etc) then ran the installer - installed fine. Restarted and all good.

Shouldn't have to do that though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have restarted and quit all processes related to safari in activity monitor and still no love. Creative cloud gave me the error report below.

Any help out there?

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DW013 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 6 error(s)

ERROR: -------------------- BEGIN - Initialization Failures - BEGIN --------------------

ERROR: Fatal error initializing from proxy files.

ERROR: The following proxy files could not be loaded

ERROR: /tmp/B207C6AA-166A-45CA-93F5-D413AF355DA2/proxy.xml

ERROR: --------------------  END  - Initialization Failures -  END  --------------------

ERROR: DW013: Cannot initialize payload session

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error and same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here too. What is happening??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried it in the exact order I suggested and you using 10.10.3?

Restart Mac

Make sure Safari is NOT running

DO NOT run updater - CC should state '1 update available'

Run Activity Monitor

Stop any activity related to Safari - in my case I had to stop x2 different activities

No click update in CC

Wait for progress to complete

Restart Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌i contacted support. They had me go into utilities, Adobe installers and uninstall acrobat pro. After that, the installation worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay so I have

1. Done a system update. Now on Mac os x 10.10.3
  2. Force quit all (two) safari related processes in activity monitor
  3. uninstalled acrobat pro

and the download is still failing at 35%. I am in a worse position now that I don't have any version of acrobat at all!

Any other ideas out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Found a work around. Login via your web browser into Adobe whereby you can see your Adobe ID and all your purchase history, app management etc. Click on your name in the top right corner and a pop up box emerges. Click on 'Desktop' under Document Cloud Apps. This will take you to the Cloud version of Acrobat Pro DC and from there in a blue box you have the option of downloading the program directly to your PC/Mac outside of the Creative Cloud  Installer. This had worked seamlessly for me. Hope this will work for you too. No serial numbers required as it auto detects from your Adobe ID account. Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By chance I found a different way to get this working. I didn't get a chance to try the above so can't confirm if it works however what I did was...

(on mac)

1. When the install failed I went to disk utility and noticed a "Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI.dmg" in the disk image side bar.
  2. I right clicked it and selected "Reveal in finder"
  3. In the finder I drilled down to Acrobat DC > Acrobat DC > Acrobat DC Installer.pkg
  4. Ran the installer and the app successfully installed to my apps folder

From this I gather that the whole app was able to download but the app couldn't automatically install itself for whatever reason so manual installation was required.

Hope that helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This finally worked for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This worked for me! Time constraints and pressure from team member was beginning to stress me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!

I've spent maybe 4 or 5 hours now trying to sort this problem. Including over 90min on webchat with adobe team who couldn't sort it. They've referred me to their 'senior team' now as they're all stuck!

Thanks this was a life saver 😄

LH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had same problem. Looks like This vas the solution for me. Think I must restart after installation fore updating cloud menu. Cannot do it right away, but Adobe DC is working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Managed to install but not accessible from Cloud dashboard. Icon is preset, but not possible to start app. Shortcut on desktop is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Conrad.. worked great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, going in and clicking a desktop icon from the Adobe Account ID got mine working much faster. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it worked in the start but in the end there was an Error 301. The problem was that i need a clean unistall of  everything from Adobe. So i found this reply solution, that worked. https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/re-creative-cloud-update-error-301/m-p/10788484#M444804 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stuck at 42% for me. Clearly a bug. Reluctant to remove acrobat pro in case the DC install doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is stuck at 42% for 2 days now. Can't run manual install as it asks for a serial number, we have a corporate cloud subscription so I have no such serial.

Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

Sorry you're having difficulties with that.  Have you tried using the Acrobat DC direct download links instead?

Other posters above indicate better success when using the program installer directly, rather than going through the Creative Cloud desktop app manager/downloader.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled DC as I was having a PDF issue that support could not help and uninstalling and reinstalling was a suggestion. I have tried all the suggestions on this forum to no avail, i am stuck at 5% with the error message 'downloadstalled_peerlistempty'

I am too nervous to now uninstall Pro now but I am completely stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, I had adobe acrobat open at the same time as I was trying to download the Pro DC. I closed that, and the download continued.

Took almost an hour to figure it out though, after trying the other solutions put forth by adobe. The notification window isn't helpful or user friendly. Shouldn't have to do that much troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download a fresh installer from Adobe. Start your Mac in Safe Mode (restart while holding down shift key). Restart your Mac when installer is complete to be back in Standard mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines