Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC not responding

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day everyone,

I have a user who has an issue whereby whenever he opens a PDF file with Adobe Acrobat Standard DC, it keeps having the same "not responding" issue after perhaps a few seconds to a minute after opening it. And it will be "not responding" forever. 

Have to close the task manually via the Task Manager always.

Have tried the following but it is still the same;

1. Reinstalled fully.

2. Performed the repair function.

3. Turn off the protected mode and uncheck the enhanced security.

4. Distiller DC is activated.

5. Tried to install Adobe optional update but it shows error and could not install.

Is there any other solutions to this? I have also attached some imanges for references purposes.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there multiple users and only one has the problem?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been a few more users reported this same issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had kind of the same problem each time when I started Acrobat. I suspected firewall and proxy settings on our corporate network as Acrobat does communicate with its home base (checking the licence, accessing the document cloud).

As our IT security guys are a little secretive I've never figured out what the problem was, but as all works now fine I suppose they fixed some parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing that information. And yup, our users are mostly home based for now due to Covid. Is there any particular patch/update that Adobe released to solve this issue?

Or perhaps could you point me in the right direction for the fix for this for home based VPN users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VPN means that they are virtually using your network. As I'm not in the team that is configuring our proxy servers and firewalls, I have no idea what tweaks they have applied and in most of the case I have the impression they don't know neither.

Maybe this can help you to advance finding a solution: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Abambo šŸ™‚

Will give that a go and hope it does solve it.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Abambo,

Thanks for providing the solution previously and it seemed to work for the user.

User no longer have the "not responding" issue when opening and working with PDF files.

However, it seems there is an error keeps showing everytime when it startups the first time.

This never happend before but only happened when I performed the provided solution to fix the network issue.

I tried repairing and also re-installing Adobe but the issue somehow still persists.

Any other advice for this? I have also attached the error message.Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines