Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC Pro keeps crashing when using 'measurements' tool

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has had the issue where the program just keeps crashing when trying to use the measurements tool?

I got someone to remotely access my computer but after doing the usual checking that I had the latest version and running a repair tool they weren't able to fix the issue. Literally two minutes after they were gone it crashed again.

PIS*ING ME OFF as I can't get my work done

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what Adobe's support did when you gave them access to your system, but this is what I would do for any instance of a crash:

Uninstall Adobe Acrobat, then run the Acrobat Cleaner tool (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html) and install Acrobat from scratch. This does require that you have access to your serial number. If that does not help, I would try to start Acrobat from a different user account on the same computer. I have an account on my laptop that I use for presentations, which is pretty clean. If that works, that means that there is something wrong with your normal user profile. If it turns out to be related to your user profile, it gets complicated: The Acrobat Cleaner removed anything from your system that is related to Acrobat, and that means it also cleaned out the registry (or on a Mac your plist files), so whatever it is that is interfering with Acrobat is not part of Acrobat. It could be a problem in the operating sytem, or with another application that is installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I know it's late, but this is for other people who also suffered the same situation as i am. My measuring tool hangs when i make measurements and doesn't make it to the "result" or final measurement.

What I did is to uninstalled adobe acrobat, installed "AcroCleaner" (an acrobat cleaner tool), after running the acrocleaner, i have restarted my PC, then reinstalled the acrobat reader, then viola, my problem was solved. Hope this will help you and the others facing the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. The Cleaner is a secret weapon to fix all sorts of problems 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, for anybody who still have this issue, for me the only way to solve the problem was to go to Preferences > Measuring (2D) and disable Snap to 2D Content. I hope this help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines