• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC Pro - Roll-over, popup annotations (i.e., not sticky notes)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, how can one add a roll over pop-up type definition or explanatory note to a text word or phrase for clarification that only pops up when the operator rolls over the selected text with mouse? (" i.e., Not sticky note - or otherwise visible"). Step-by-step instructions &/or any referrals to video tutorial links for such would be greatly appreciated. Have not been able to find this specific info anywhere. I am not script or computer language literate or savvy, in the event that such may be required, perhaps via java script or whatever - so again, and in either event, step-by step instructions would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE, and  THANK YOU.

[Question moved to the Editing & Exporting PDFs forum]

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

You can do it by using a button field.

Go to Tools - Prepare Form, and select the Add New Field tool, and then Button Field.

Draw the button over the area which you want to trigger the pop-up showing up and then go its Properties.

Under the General tab, in the Tooltip field, enter the text you want to show up.

Then go to the Appearance tab and set it to have a transparent border and fill color.

Click Close and exit the Form Edit mode.

When you hover with the mouse over the button you draw, the tooltip

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Angus - really dig your site and the thoroughness of the tutorail you made. Thank you.

Before I jump through it though, one thing that is important to my client in this request is that the PDF is a universal file and that no specific PDF reader is needed. I found a similar tutorial where the final PDF worked but essentially only in Acrobat. I like acrobat but asking people to use a specific application isn't the best form.

Can you provide a PDF of the final result? I couldn't find one in your sample project files.

Again thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so im running in to somethign simmilar, but opposite. 

i can create a submit buttion, but i can not "dissable" the mouce hover feature,
i have acrobat pro DC, 

im in prepare form mode, i have the submit buttion set uo to a mailto: command, 
Select trigger: mouse enter
Select action: submit a form

no matter what i set the select trigger to, 
when i preview, close, or save and open the document, when you hover over the submit buttion, it will propt that not all of the required feilds have been filled, etc, 

i need this to be a clickable thing , as its next to the sign box, 
verry frustrating, please help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines