• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC removing characters from text fields after editing!

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open a .pdf document, click "Edit PDF", click "Add Text", add my text, hit "CLOSE", save the document and exit. 

I open the document once after editing, and everything is fine.

Half an hour goes by and I realize I forgot to add something to my document! I open the document again and all throughout the document seemingly random characters are missing from many text fields! (The document looks like a piece of digital swiss cheese!) (See image below, yellow boxes had characters in them earlier!)

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Am I doing something incorrectly? 

Capture.PNG

 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops! Sorry, I didn't notice where I was posting. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just happened to me.  I was finishing a large OEM Manual for a manufacturing crane company and after saving the last addition ALL DRAWINGS did what Paul described above. That's about 10 pages so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should NOT be editing a PDF file in this way. They were never meant to be edited like that, and doing so can cause a lot of issues. Go back to the original file, make the edits there and then create a new PDF file from it.
If your file has fields, comments, links or scripts then use the Replace Pages command on the old file and select the pages from the new file. This will update the underlying content while keeping all of those objects in tact. However, you might need to adjust their locations on the page if they no longer match the new layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... I believe you missed my point, I am afraid.  I added a final section to a file, and saved the file. Closed it.  Upon reopening it I noticed all the drawings were missing about 50% of the characters. I did not "edited like that" (not really sure what you mean by that, or "You should NOT be editing a PDF file in this way").  The pages that changed were already part of the main file. In fact, the document was done and ready to be released.  There was NO EDITING. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, then your situation has nothing to do with the original question in this thread, which was about using the Edit PDF tool. I recommend you post it as a new thread, with full details (including Acrobat and OS versions, where you got the file from, and maybe a sample before and after file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines