Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat DC Sign & Fill - one letter at a time...

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to solve an issue that has been driving me bonkers for quite some time now. I am unable to find anything online. Here is goes: I use Adobe Pro DC and frequently utilize Fill & Sign. Lately however, it only lets me fill on one character and then I have to re-click the box with my mouse to add another letter. Needless to say - that's not going to work for me and I keep defaulting to text boxes. Has anybody encountered that and if so, do you have a fix for me? Thank you in advance!

Topics

Comment review and collaborate PDF, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat DC Sign & Fill - one letter at a time...

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to solve an issue that has been driving me bonkers for quite some time now. I am unable to find anything online. Here is goes: I use Adobe Pro DC and frequently utilize Fill & Sign. Lately however, it only lets me fill on one character and then I have to re-click the box with my mouse to add another letter. Needless to say - that's not going to work for me and I keep defaulting to text boxes. Has anybody encountered that and if so, do you have a fix for me? Thank you in advance!

Topics

Comment review and collaborate PDF, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are not able to fil and sign the PDF as etting the option fill only one character at a time.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to fill and sign the PDF? Please try to fill and sign the document online https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/tools/?group=group-sign and see it that helps.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DCand make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20074 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing.

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the OS? Please try to repair the installation (For Windows Only) Go to Help > Repair Installation and see if that makes any difference.

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with all my documents. I did try the online version and that worked.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The repair function did not work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried updating and I am getting the following error message:

OfficeNinja93_0-1594815386643.png

A similar mesage was displayed when I tried the repair function.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that

Please try the following steps and see if that works for you.

Run -> regedit.exe

Navigate to the adobe directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe

Delete the entire Adobe directory of registry keys.

For more information you amy also take a look at a similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/error-28000-installation-of-acrobat-licensing-module-has-fail...

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF
Add a group