• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC Sign & Fill - one letter at a time...

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to solve an issue that has been driving me bonkers for quite some time now. I am unable to find anything online. Here is goes: I use Adobe Pro DC and frequently utilize Fill & Sign. Lately however, it only lets me fill on one character and then I have to re-click the box with my mouse to add another letter. Needless to say - that's not going to work for me and I keep defaulting to text boxes. Has anybody encountered that and if so, do you have a fix for me? Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

I had the same problem. Looks like too many applicatins opening an issue. Just close all the apps and try If it doesn't work, restart and use it. It worked for me.

Also, if you have Reader as your default browser, keep Acrobat DC as your default browser. Not sure if that has any impact. But, I also did this while closing all the apps. 

Over all it worked for me after the above actions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are not able to fil and sign the PDF as etting the option fill only one character at a time.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to fill and sign the PDF? Please try to fill and sign the document online https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/tools/?group=group-sign and see it that helps.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DCand make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20074 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing.

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the OS? Please try to repair the installation (For Windows Only) Go to Help > Repair Installation and see if that makes any difference.

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with all my documents. I did try the online version and that worked.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The repair function did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried updating and I am getting the following error message:

OfficeNinja93_0-1594815386643.png

A similar mesage was displayed when I tried the repair function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that

Please try the following steps and see if that works for you.

Run -> regedit.exe

Navigate to the adobe directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe

Delete the entire Adobe directory of registry keys.

For more information you amy also take a look at a similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/error-28000-installation-of-acrobat-licensing-module-has-fail...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a ReadOut Loud Feature in Adobe Reader on the way to study out the whole pdf or only the present-day web page as in line with your convenience. Plug for your earphones, pay attention to the voice, and have a look at peacefully if you are distracted by means of the outdoor noise. Go to: View --> Read Out Loud --> Activate Read Out Loud. If you choose the laptop to read handiest the modern web page, go to Read Out Loud after which click on Read This Page Only. To read the whole document, click on Read To The End Of Document. If you are lazy to attempt this, here are the shortcuts: Shift+Ctrl+Y // to spark off study out loud feature Shift+Ctrl+V // to read the cutting-edge page only Shift+Ctrl+B // to read till the stop of the document Shift+Ctrl+C // to pause Shift+Ctrl+E // to stop Satta Matka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a ReadOut Loud Feature in Adobe Reader on the way to study out the whole pdf or only the present-day web page as in line with your convenience. Plug for your earphones, pay attention to the voice, and have a look at peacefully if you are distracted by means of the outdoor noise. Go to: View --> Read Out Loud --> Activate Read Out Loud. If you choose the laptop to read handiest the modern web page, go to Read Out Loud after which click on Read This Page Only. To read the whole document, click on Read To The End Of Document. If you are lazy to attempt this, here are the shortcuts: Shift+Ctrl+Y // to spark off study out loud feature Shift+Ctrl+V // to read the cutting-edge page only Shift+Ctrl+B // to read till the stop of the document Shift+Ctrl+C // to pause Shift+Ctrl+E // to stop dpboss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have same problem. Did you find help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Looks like too many applicatins opening an issue. Just close all the apps and try If it doesn't work, restart and use it. It worked for me.

Also, if you have Reader as your default browser, keep Acrobat DC as your default browser. Not sure if that has any impact. But, I also did this while closing all the apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, I also did this while closing all the apps

bs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  Tried all the suggestions previously listed.  The only solution is to reboot...but the issue starts again after using Fill & Sign a couple of times. This is a new issue and I have been a Acrobat Pro DC user for over 2 years.

tomm43701752_0-1635560105935.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. Please try to repaire the installation form the help menu (Win Only) and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

Also, try to reset the reset the Acrobat preferences as described here - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that works.

You may also try to create a ne wtest user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Looks like too many applicatins opening an issue. Just close all the apps and try If it doesn't work, restart and use it.

bs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<a href="https://guttersolution.us/"><strong>Gutter Installation Nashville</strong></a> gives you the service so that you can easily remove the dirty water and sewage from your home and office. At present, many such service providers provide the service of gutter installation. But you need such experienced workers who make gutters according to your need and convenience. The work does not end with making gutters, but its maintenance also has to be taken care of. When the gutter is full, it is necessary to clean it or connect its drainage with the main sewer. By doing this, the overflow does not happen due to filling the gutter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guttersolution Provides Superior Gutter Cleaning Services for the entire Nashville Metro area. call Today For A Free Estimate.

Gutter Cleaning Nashville
Gutter repair nashville

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best Gutter installation in Nashville gives you the service so that you can easily remove the dirty water and sewage from your home and office. At present, many such service providers provide the service of gutter installation. But you need such experienced workers who make gutters according to your need and convenience. The work does not end with making gutters, but its maintenance also has to be taken care of. When the gutter is full, it is necessary to clean it or connect its drainage with the main sewer. By doing this, the overflow does not happen due to filling the gutter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a ReadOut Loud Feature in Adobe Reader on the way to study out the whole pdf or only the present-day web page as in line with your convenience. Plug for your earphones, pay attention to the voice, and have a look at peacefully if you are distracted by means of the outdoor noise. Go to: View --> Read Out Loud --> Activate Read Out Loud. If you choose the laptop to read handiest the modern web page, go to Read Out Loud after which click on Read This Page Only. To read the whole document, click on Read To The End Of Document. If you are lazy to attempt this, here are the shortcuts: Shift+Ctrl+Y // to spark off study out loud feature Shift+Ctrl+V // to read the cutting-edge page only Shift+Ctrl+B // to read till the stop of the document Shift+Ctrl+C // to pause Shift+Ctrl+E // to stop Satta Matka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i face the same problem for my website of satta matka known as 1 satta matka in.

indian matka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im heaving same problem on my website sattamatka  i have asked many experts but they didnt solve my problem please look into this matter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC's Fill & Sign feature. While I don't have real-time updates on software issues, I can suggest a few troubleshooting steps that might help resolve your problem:

1. Update Adobe Acrobat Pro DC: Make sure you are using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Sometimes, software updates include bug fixes and improvements that can resolve issues like the one you're facing.

2. Clear Cache and Temporary Files: Clearing cache and temporary files can help resolve unexpected behavior. In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, you can do this by going to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Document Category" > "Clear Cache" and then restart the application.

3. Reset Preferences: Sometimes, preferences or settings files can become corrupted and cause issues. You can try resetting preferences by holding down the "Ctrl" key (or "Command" key on Mac) while launching Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. It will ask if you want to reset preferences to default.

4. Check for Interference: Sometimes, third-party plugins or conflicting software can cause issues with Adobe Acrobat. Try disabling any third-party plugins you might have installed and see if the issue persists.

5. Try a Different Document: It's possible that the issue might be specific to the document you're working on. Try using Fill & Sign on a different PDF document to see if the problem persists.

6. Contact Adobe Support: If none of the above steps help, it might be best to contact Adobe Support. They can provide you with specific assistance tailored to your situation.

Remember to back up your settings and important documents before attempting any major changes to your software. Additionally, since I don't have real-time updates on software issues, there might have been changes or fixes made by Adobe after my last update in September 2021. It's always a good idea to check Adobe's official support resources or community forums for the most up-to-date information on troubleshooting. chaat  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the frustration you're facing with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC's Fill & Sign feature. It seems like you're encountering a problem where you can only input one character at a time before having to click the box again to continue. While I can't provide real-time troubleshooting, I can offer you some general steps to try in order to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Clear Cache and Temporary Files

Sometimes, cached files can cause glitches in Adobe software. Try clearing the cache and temporary files associated with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. To do this:

1. Close Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
  2. Navigate to the location where Adobe stores its cache files. This is usually in a folder named "Adobe" within your user's AppData or Library folder.
  3. Delete the contents of the "Cache" folder.

Step 2: Update Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Outdated software can often lead to compatibility issues. Ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC installed:

1. Open Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
  2. Go to the "Help" menu.
  3. Select "Check for Updates" and follow the prompts to update the software if available.

Step 3: Reset Preferences

Resetting preferences can sometimes fix software-related glitches. Here's how:

2. Hold down the Ctrl key (Windows) or Command key (Mac) while launching the software. Keep holding the key until a dialog box appears.
  3. Confirm that you want to reset preferences.

Step 4: Repair Installation

If none of the above steps work, you might need to repair your Adobe Acrobat Pro DC installation:

2. Open the "Control Panel" (Windows) or "Applications" folder (Mac).
  3. Find Adobe Acrobat Pro DC in the list of installed programs or applications.
  4. Select "Repair" or "Uninstall/Change" and follow the prompts to repair the installation.

Step 5: Contact Adobe Support

If the issue persists, it might be best to contact Adobe's customer support. They can provide personalized assistance and might be aware of any specific solutions for the problem you're facing.

Remember that these steps are general guidelines and might not directly address your exact issue. Make sure to back up any important files and settings before making changes to your software. If you're not comfortable with technical troubleshooting, it's always a good idea to seek help from a tech-savvy friend or professional. By Donysterling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this kind of problem arise on my webiste often time i dont know how to recover please guide me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines