Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC slow to open documents from network files

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat DC 20.009.20074

This has been happening for a long time, I just kept thinking an update would fix things, but it's not and it's very frustrating. I have searched through these forums and have tried every fix I've found and none have worked. Can anyone tell me why it takes 20+ seconds to open a single PDF when I am opening them from a network folder? I have no problem opening Word documents or photos, just PDFs. When I open a PDF that is saved on my desktop, it opens just fine with no delay. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tam,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described its taking 20+ sec to open the PDF file on network drive while opening the PDFs saved on the desktop works fine.

It seems to be some issue with the network settings. Please check the network settings and group policy at your end.

Also, please try to turn off the protected mode in Adobe Acrobat DC for testing and see if that makes any difference. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Turn off the protected Mode and Uncheck the Enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the application.
Note: Please turn on the security after testing.

If that works for you. PLease try to add the file and the folder path to the white list of the Adobe Acrobat DC. Go to Edit > Prefences > Enhanced Security > Add File and Add Folder path > Click OK and reboot the application and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines