• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I acquired Adobe Acrobat DC because I wanted to combine two Apple Word 2011 documents into one pdf.

When I attempted to do this I received an error message:

“The Office for Mac Installation did not complete successfully because there was a problem with the installer.  Please re-install Office for Mac”

“After several unsuccessful attempts I tried to convert both Word documents to pdfs and then combine the two pdfs.  I received an error message:

Adobe Acrobat could not open  [name of one of documents] because either it is not a supported file or...”

How do I achieve the combination?

Many thanks

John

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for  the trouble. As described, you are unable to open the PDF and getting the error 'Adobe Acrobat could not open the file because either it is not a supported file or..'

Would you mind sharing the the workflow/steps you did to create the PDF file from Word and to combine the PDFs together?

Please try to create the PDF from the Acrobat Ribbon present in MS Word or from the File menu in Adobe Acrobat DC. File > Create > PDF from file.

For more information about creating the PDF, please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/how-to/create-pdf-files-word-excel-website.html

You may also look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/pdf-error-1015-11001-update.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines