• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe acrobat deactivated on laptop and install on new laptop but not PRO

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivated Acrobat Pro XI on an old laptop. Downloaded installer on a new laptop. When it asked for a serial number, I entered my serial number. Install finished and rebooted. When I started Acrobat, it says my serial number is good but doesn't match my product. it then says to select from the list the correct product. 

Acrobat Pro Xi is not listed. Acrobat Standard Xi is listed as are some older versions of Acrobat like 8, 9, 10. Some of those are pros but most are not.

What did I do wrong? How can I start over and download Acrobat Pro Xi and use my serial number?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe only offers NEW downloads, not old products

Direct Download Links https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl MAY help
-you MUST do what it says in Note: Very Important Instructions
-https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions

When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to at least one external device
-a usb flash drive or hard drive, or write to a DVD
-plus a text file containing your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded it from my Adobe following their link: login, click on your product's Order number- which takes me to a download page. it says download program and serial number. I did. Then I got the errors mention above.

I had Acrobat Reader on my computer. Should I have deleted that before the install? Is my product activated or is that a separate step? I don't want to uninstall an activated product then not be able to deactivate it.

If I uninstall both Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro Xi and run the Adobe Acrobat cleaner, then try to reinstall the Pro Xi, would that be a good idea"

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What this means is that your serial number was an upgrade. Enter that serial number then, when requested, enter the serial number of the OLDER product from which you upgraded. So you need BOTH serials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't ask me to enter a serial number. It just asks me to pick a product. The serial number is for Pro Xi. If I select an older version that I purchased, can I then renter my serial # for Pro Xi after I am up and running?

Should I delete all and start over?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem was an operator problem. As Test Screen Name mentioned, I purchased Adobe Pro 9 then upgraded to Adobe Pro Xi. What the program was asking me for was the prior version from which I upgraded. It also asked for my serial number from that old Adobe Pro 9. Fortunately, I had both the disc and the serial number. Once I entered that information, Adobe Pro Xi popped up and started working.

Thanks for the help, especially Test Screen Name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines