Highlighted

Adobe acrobat forms

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a fillable pdf with the form tool. My document has more than 100 answeres boxes. I have to create  every single answer box because if I copy paste, then when the form is filled, the answers are duplicated and not independent as I would like them to be. The only way for this no to happen is by changing their name one by one. Which is also really time consuming and incovenient.

Not to mention that I have lost my work sveveral times because it crashes or freezes repeatedly (not sure if it's my pc)

Please how can i fix this?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Create PDFs, General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe acrobat forms

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a fillable pdf with the form tool. My document has more than 100 answeres boxes. I have to create  every single answer box because if I copy paste, then when the form is filled, the answers are duplicated and not independent as I would like them to be. The only way for this no to happen is by changing their name one by one. Which is also really time consuming and incovenient.

Not to mention that I have lost my work sveveral times because it crashes or freezes repeatedly (not sure if it's my pc)

Please how can i fix this?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Create PDFs, General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're describing is how it works. You MUST name each field separately, generally the names are carefully chosen for the purpose, for exporting, scripts etc. but even if you don't care about the names, each one must be different.

Save often, to separate files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 1
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't wish to rename the fields manually it can be done (to some extent) with a script, like this (paid-for) tool I've created:

http://try67.blogspot.com/2010/10/acrobat-convert-duplicated-fields-to.html

Also available here (and if you go to the main page you can find a code for a "soft launch" sale that I have right now):

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-rename-duplicate-fields-to-unique-fields

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 1