Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat keeps crashing following a recent update.  All I am doing is opening small pdfs to view them.  Acrobat crashes after a few minutes.  Even when I am not using Acrobat and I am using something like MS Word Acrobat just crashes in the background. 

The version is Adobe Acrobat Standard DC 20.009.20067.57037 continuous version.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat keeps crashing following a recent update.  All I am doing is opening small pdfs to view them.  Acrobat crashes after a few minutes.  Even when I am not using Acrobat and I am using something like MS Word Acrobat just crashes in the background. 

The version is Adobe Acrobat Standard DC 20.009.20067.57037 continuous version.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 30, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Andrew!

I hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble you had with Acrobat.

Please reboot the machine once and try repairing the installation files of Acrobat (for windows machine only) from the help menu>select repair installation. Reboot the machine after the repair and check.

For testing purposes, please turn off the protected view once from the Acrobat's Preferences: 

• In Acrobat, go to Edit > Preferences, and then select Security (Enhanced) from the Categories on the left.
  • In the Sandbox Protections panel, select Off for Protected View and uncheck the Protected Mode at startup.
  • Click OK, and then restart Acrobat DC.

Note: Please enable the Protected View and Protected Mode at startup after testing.

If the issue persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove the installed Acrobat: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat back: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

If you still experience any issues, then create a test user profile with full admin rights, install Acrobat, and check.

Let us know how it goes and share your observations.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AnandSri,

I am afraid your suggestion did not work. 

Acrobat is still crashing and is incredibly annoying and disruptive to my work.  I am mainly reading pdf drawings which would be from AutoCAD, if that helps. 

Google Chrome seems to be able to handle the drawings fine.  I don't understand why Acroabt cannot do this when it is supposed to be the market leader for pdfs?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
AndMcT LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AnandSri,

Our IT department have now tried everything on your list, including removing and reinstalling Acrobat and the problem with Acrobat crashing is still not fixed.

This has been a huge inconvenience and waste of time, and as a result I am afraid I would not recommend Acrobat to anyone, especially when there are cheaper alternatives to Acrobat.

Do you have any other suggestions at all please?

Thanks,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0