• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat not installing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have tried for the last few weeks to install a new Acrobat Reader.
First I could not open any PDF's, so I tried to install the new Acrobat version. Didnt work. I always get Installation Failed - Error code 136.
I uninstalled everything and have been trying to reinstall Acrobat Reader on my mac for the last couple of weeks, but no luck. Any suggestions? Thank you

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Thanks kindly for your help ls_rbls.

This didnt work, but I found an old Acrobat Distiller Folder hidden on my computer and after deleting that it finnaly worked - hurray.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heidiromano,

We are sorry for the trouble and the experience. As described above the application fails to install with error code 136

Please try the following steps and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

thank you for the suggestions.

I could not run the Acrobat Cleaner Tool, as I had uninstalled Acrobat due to this problem and now my installations fail due to the Error code 136.

Any other suggestions, as I really need to use Acrobat asap. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MODIFIED REPLY

++ Adding to the discussion,

In which operating system is this happening? an which version of Acrobat?reader are you using?

See if you can install Acrobat by installing and using the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App instead:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Mac - operating system 10.14.6

I am trying to donload and install the Creative Cloud Acrobat DC for desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not able to follow through with the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool, and you're also unable to install the CC Desktop app see the following guidance:

https://www.nickromero.com/completely-remove-adobe-from-your-mac-in-2-steps/

Once you completely clean old traces of the software you've uninstalled previously, download and install the full offline installer version of Adobe Acrobat from here:   https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html  Use this method as a workaround if you've been trying to install Acrobat from this link first:   https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kindly for your help ls_rbls.

This didnt work, but I found an old Acrobat Distiller Folder hidden on my computer and after deleting that it finnaly worked - hurray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Happy to help and glad that you were able to figure it out.

Don't forget to mark your solution as correct answer so that other users with similar issues can find it quickly in the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed.

Feel free to contact us for any further assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,  

where did you find the old distiller folder?  how did you know it was old and non-essential.  I'm using a school district enterprise account and don't really want to completely uninstall cc and start over but I'm having the same issue-can no longer open acrobat and open view/edit pdf files.  would appreciate any help you can give!

paulScreen Shot 2020-08-04 at 6.25.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a list of errors:

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html

If you see the possible work arounds in that list, before you try anything else, you can always restart your system and then  try to install again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines