• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe acrobat not letting me save pdf

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just worked on a document for 2+ hours and then Adobe Acrobat gave me this "the file may be read only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with another name or in a different file folder". After that it closed and did not save any of the work I've done. I've had this issue for several days and I'm wondering why I'm paying a subscription for something that doesn't work. I've seen several other comments on these boards saying people are having the same issue and I'm irritated because there is apparently no fix yet 🙂

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A few things to check on without Acrobat running:

(1)  Check the properties of the PDF file you wish to modify and subsequently save. Is the file read-only? If so, change the attributes to remove the read-only restriction. Also check the extended attributes of the file to assure that your userid has read/write access to the file.

(2)  Check the properties of the directory in which the PDF file is located. If the directory is read-only, that needs to be changed. And like the file itself, the extended attributes must allow your userid to do modifications in that directory.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines