Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat on a Mac - constant pinwheel and not responding

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day all,

I have a Mac user that keeps getting the pinwheel or a not responding when using Adobe Acrobat.  

Mac specs:

- OS X 10.14.6 (fully updated)

- 32GB RAM, 2TB HD with 1.5 TB free space, i9 processor

We already tried the following:

- SMC/NVRAM resets

- sudo purge

- reinstalling Adobe software

- deleting Adobe preferences

- ran all Adobe updates

No other programs have this issue and this is a constant issue.

Adobe  Acrobat Pro DC 20.009.20074

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlotteh

We are sorry for the trouble.  As described Adobe Acrobat is not responding on Mac 10.14.6 (Mojave)

What is the workflow/steps you are doing that leads you to not responding state of Adobe Acrobat or is it not responding randomly?

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates. For more information about latest versions, please take a look at the help page https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Also, please try to update the Mac to the new OS version (Catalina) and see if that helps.

You may also try to reset the Adobe Acrobat preferences to default as described https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...  and see if that makes any difference.

You may also refer to the steps provide in the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html 

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, 

Thank you for the response, but you did not read anything that I wrote.  

The version is in the post.  The version is the one currently approved by NIH IT.  The steps I have taken are in the post (and I tried everything pretty much in the troubleshooting guide).    We cannot upgrade the computer to 10.15.   

And pinwheel/not responding happens anytime I open, try to use, try to save.  Random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am sorry for missing on the version details provided by you.

For testing purposes, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012 and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please collect the logs as described in the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and share the logs with us for further investigation.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Where do I send the diagnostics report to?   I cannot post them on the site due to our government regulations.

Thanks!

Charlotte

[Personal Information removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you give me the link to a post that says to use the Cleaner Tool and reinstall, I have already done so.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

You may send the log file to us in private message. Please click on the  message icon in the top right corner of the page to start the private message.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines