• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat PDFing dialogue pops up on my Mac desktop whenever I drop files in

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue a couple of months now which baffles me  as it makes no sense to me.

Whever I drop documents to my  macbook's desktop ( MacOS Catalina) , pdfs, word or excel files or even photos, a pdfing dialogue pops up , similar to the one to appears after command "Save as PDF". asking me about quality of pdf printing.

Had anyone had this strange occurence? I'd be grateful if I could have this resolved. Thank you in advance

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the Acrobat PDF dialogue box pops up when you drop documents to your computer.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC installed? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat / Reader DC and make sure that you have the latest version go to Help  > Check for Updates.

You may also try to repair the installation. Go to Help > Repair Installation and try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help article (https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...) and see if that helps.

If it still doesn't work, please try the following steps

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delayed response.

Unfortunately the re-installation did resolve the problem.

My Adobe Acrobat is up-to-date and persist in poppping up the "Saves as Adobe pdf" dialogue every time I drop files of any sort to my desktop.

Just to remind here, I am on a macbook pro (late 2016) and MacOS Catalina.

I am user of the entire Adobe Suite on professional subscription.

I would be more than grateful if anybody in Adobe could give me a hand on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Apologies for revisitng the issue.

I still get save as pdf pop-ups whenver I drop any file of any format on my desktop.

Is there anybody in the support department whoc ould help me through please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a MacOS issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JR, thank you for your note.

The pop-up dialogue is definitely an adobe one. I don't believe MacOS has anything to do with it.

I have run various checks with Apple Support on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(This is not the support department. We are not Adobe staff).

1. What exact version (not "latest") of Acrobat Pro or Reader?

2. Please show a screen shot of this dialog, as there are a number of possible dialogs this might be, and there might be useful info in the dialog.

3. When the dialog appears, what is the App Name shown on the menu bar? Is it still Finder, is it Acrobat, or is it something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gthyrnjyjjjj746

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me

1. Version 2020.012.20048. Issue occured after an update a year ago. I am on a professional subscription that updates regularly. I have uninstalled and re-installed a couple of time last summer without success.

2. Screenshot right below

3. App Name shown is Finder

42D69AB7-D3E2-4134-84AE-4AE2A27A6262.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screen shot. It's interesting because it suggests you are running Automator. Since Automator could be set up to Save as Adobe PDF whenever a file is added to the desktop, take a look at your Automator settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

I would never have thought.

The action was there and I just deleted it.

No more pop-ups thereafter.

I am grateful.

Can I ask how you cam about that I was using Automator since that was nowhere to be seen on the screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was that the little cog  on the top right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I didn't know what the little cog was, so I looked into it. Glad I did!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines