Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat Pro 20.013.20064 - constant 20 second freeze when input data in prepared pdf documents

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update rolled out on 4 November has to be the most unstable i've ever experienced with Acrobat Pro in terms of data entry into prepared pdf's.

Since forced install on the 4th (an option i despise) the program has become near unusable. Opening a document is now slower than usual and any attempt to input data into prepared pdf fields leads to constant hangs of sometimes 1-3 seconds but mostly 20-30 seconds of turning white and "not responding" before it finally catches up, adds a couple of the keys i typed and then proceeds to hang again.

no amount of resetting PC and install/uninstall will fix the problem, instead i've been forced into creative cloud which i didn't want either. i've checked with colleagues and they have had no such issues on the older client so it's not the pdf's that are corrupted.

has anyone else experienced this since the forced 4 Nov update? i've never come close to having an issue this bad and i use the program every single day for the last 3 years.

please fix this bug ASAP. i'm paying for a program i can't even use which is terrible.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat Pro 20.013.20064 - constant 20 second freeze when input data in prepared pdf documents

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update rolled out on 4 November has to be the most unstable i've ever experienced with Acrobat Pro in terms of data entry into prepared pdf's.

Since forced install on the 4th (an option i despise) the program has become near unusable. Opening a document is now slower than usual and any attempt to input data into prepared pdf fields leads to constant hangs of sometimes 1-3 seconds but mostly 20-30 seconds of turning white and "not responding" before it finally catches up, adds a couple of the keys i typed and then proceeds to hang again.

no amount of resetting PC and install/uninstall will fix the problem, instead i've been forced into creative cloud which i didn't want either. i've checked with colleagues and they have had no such issues on the older client so it's not the pdf's that are corrupted.

has anyone else experienced this since the forced 4 Nov update? i've never come close to having an issue this bad and i use the program every single day for the last 3 years.

please fix this bug ASAP. i'm paying for a program i can't even use which is terrible.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicholas

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the application with the new update is freezing for 20-30 sec when you try to fill in the PDF form.

I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end and its working fine. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS you are using? Please check for any missing/pending update and try updating the OS and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

If the PDF is stored on a shared network/drive, please try to download it to your computer locally and then try to fill and check. Also please try to fill a different PDF form and check if the issue is file specific.

Please try to repair the installation (Windows Only) from the help menu and see if that works for you. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

Also, please try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Windows Only). Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup', turn off the protected mode and Uncheck Enhanced Security > Click OK and Reboot the computer.
Note: Turning off the security may possess security risks. Please turn on the security after testing

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile in Windows with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

You may also try the steps suggested in the help pages listed below:

Windows: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html

Mac: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicholas,

We are very sorry for the experience and not able to reproduce the issue inhouse. In order to further investigate the issue could you please share 3-4 process dumps of the issue (captured during the hang) with us? 

Thanks,

Vinod

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicholos,

Could you also provide the system details, platform, OSversion etc. ?

Thanks,

Vinod

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0