Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017: Looking up for a word in the dictionary

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

i use Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 on a MacBook Pro (Mojave) with an external trackpad ("Magic Trackpad"). If I click on a word with three fingers simultaneously, I can look it up in the dictionary. Unfortunately this does not work with PDFs opened in Adobe.

Is there a way to click on a word within a PDF and look up its meaning? Or do I have to take the indirect way via copy word --> open browser --> paste word?

Would be grateful for every advice...

Many greetings!

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017: Looking up for a word in the dictionary

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

i use Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 on a MacBook Pro (Mojave) with an external trackpad ("Magic Trackpad"). If I click on a word with three fingers simultaneously, I can look it up in the dictionary. Unfortunately this does not work with PDFs opened in Adobe.

Is there a way to click on a word within a PDF and look up its meaning? Or do I have to take the indirect way via copy word --> open browser --> paste word?

Would be grateful for every advice...

Many greetings!

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to take the indirect route as you currently do. Acrobat does not have a built-in dictionary like what you are describing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0