• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 "Not Responding"

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continually have an issue when using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017.  I have a PC with Windows 10.  It opens just fine, however immediately upon use, it goes into "Not Responding at this time" and appears to be buffering anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute, making the application unusable.  Once it comes back on, it is a hit or a miss as to whether it hangs up again, or allows me to continue to work.  Really tired of waiting for the app to let me use it.  HELP!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Collegeneighborhoods,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, Acrobat Pro 2017 is freezing and not responding, is that correct?

Please try resetting the Acrobat's preferences and reboot the machine, to reset the preferences, please refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

You can also refer and try the solutions from the following Adobe article  Troubleshoot errors, freezes | Adobe Reader | Windows

If the issue persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine, and install Acrobat back from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

If you still experience the freezing and not responding issue, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Pro is having issues with one particular file, about 2700 pages.  As freezing or not responding while working on this specific PDF, then after a few seconds will respond. Anytime I try and scroll, freezes up again -- my other files work fine.  I have tried downloading the file again, same issues. 

Any suggestions please to get this file working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willing to give them all a try.  Thanks.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the Adobe Creative Cloud with the latest versions of all apps, and have recently been plagued by the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 'Not Responding' message with subsequent intermittent freezing. To say that it was driving me absolutely bonkers is an understatement.

System Specs:

• Dell Windows 10 laptop - 1TB SSD; 32Gb RAM and NVidia Quaddro P4000 graphics card  (VR development machine)
  • Adobe Acrobat DC v19.10.20069.311970 (released 20 December, 2018).

Resolution:

I used the following process to resolve my Acrobat problems and restore my sanity:

1. CLOSE Adobe Acrobat DC if it's running (you may need to use Ctrl-Alt-Del if it's stopped responding)
  2. CLICK the Windows Search Box (next to Windows 'Start Menu' button in lower left corner of Task Bar - if you can't see it, pop here)
  3. TYPE %appdata% into the search box, then PRESS Enter
  4. BROWSE to ..\Adobe\Acrobat\DC (i.e. the full path will be ..\Users\(User name)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC)
  5. RENAME 'UserPrefs' folder to 'UserPrefs_old' (or any other name - just needs to be different, else delete it!)
  6. Launch Acrobat Pro DC

Once complete, this process will recreate your 'UserPrefs' folder, restore a working version of Adobe Acrobat DC...hopefully it works for you!

Cheers,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am running Acrobat Pro 2017 on a PC (Windows 10) and it freezes up constantly. It is really interfering with my work. Open a PDF - freeze. Count to 10, maybe 20, maybe 30. Page down. Click tools. Count to 10, maybe 20, maybe 30. Repeat, repeat, repeat, and repeat. I'm trying to avoid any PDFs right now as even reading a 2 page document can take 10-15 minutes. I've done ALL the steps. This is a pretty expensive program and should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines