• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 crashes when saving with signature

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to save a PDF document after adding a signature it freezes and all I see is the rainbow wheel. The only way out is to force quit. I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 2020.001.30018 and my OS is Big Sur 11.1.

Any advice?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Becca, does it happen only when you try to overwrite the original document or also when you save it with a new name or in another folder? My friend has the same issue but this happens only when he adds signature and then presses Ctrl+S to overwrite the file and the same when he chooses File > Save

When he chooses Save as... and gives new filename or chooses another folder the file is saved and Acrobat doesn't freeze or crash. The problem iccurs only when he tries to overwrite the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Repair Installation is always something to try when things get a little wonky.  I'm on PC, so mine is under the Help menu - not sure if it's in the same place on Mac.

Good luck.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was chatting with Adobe tech support about my Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 signature crashing everytime and they told me that I needed the DC version because the electronic signature function did not work with the perpetual Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 license. I'll be posting this question again and see if anybody from Acrobat can confirm this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oscar, I've run into the same problem - did anyone from Adobe confirm that solution?

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, still having issues. Very unfornute. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Becca, does it happen only when you try to overwrite the original document or also when you save it with a new name or in another folder? My friend has the same issue but this happens only when he adds signature and then presses Ctrl+S to overwrite the file and the same when he chooses File > Save

When he chooses Save as... and gives new filename or chooses another folder the file is saved and Acrobat doesn't freeze or crash. The problem iccurs only when he tries to overwrite the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix worked for me. Thanks Dotoki2!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! THIS WORKS!

I've been having this problem with Adobe Fill & Sign on both the Acrobat DC and the Adobe Acrobat Pro MAC version for the past 5 years!  Many hours were lost on the community forums and websites with lots of uninstalling/cleaning/reinstalling.  So painful.

I had to work around by saving the document to the document cloud, then signing using iOS markup or by using the iOS fill and sign.  Those both worked fine?!  However, trying to use my desktop versions never worked.  Why doesn't Adobe just ADMIT THEY TOTALLY MADE A MISTAKE WITH THEIR ORIGINAL CODE AND ARE UNABLE TO REWRITE THEIR CODE TO FIX THIS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok...it only worked on one PDF.  I tried another and it went into infinite hanging loop again.

Here are the things I tried to the original to sign it:

1. I saved a copy from email to my desktop and renamed it.  Then I tried applying my handwritten signature and saving to a different folder and renamed it again.  DID NOT WORK.

2. I saved a copy from email to my desktop.  This time, I saved using Save as other...extended reader. Then I tried applying my signature and saving to a different folder and renamed it again.  DID NOT WORK.

Unfortunately, still random.  I checked the PDF's security in the Properties, and there was no security set.

Work Around: I paste in a picture of my signature which so far has worked 100% of the time, but defeats the purpose of paying for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in on this thread to confirm that I have the exact same problem described above, and none of the variously described workarounds do not work for me.  I'm currently on MacOS 11.5.1 and Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 Version 2020.004.30006.

Does this Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 with a perpetual license include any mechanism to provide bugfix upgrades?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.  I am having same issue withmy client' son latest Acrobat Pro 2020.  This is unacceptable for the paid permanent versions.  Why offer it if now they are insisteing it only works for the monthly DC versions as mentioned above?  Is this a clear indiciation of manipulation?  Why offer this on the permanent versions if they don't support it?

Completely unacceptable.  Adobe, if you give a rat's behind on this, FIX IT NOW.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution to my initial post. Very unfortunate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Here is what is working for me:

1. The signature seems to work for a small PDF like 1-2 pages. I can save and it doesn't hang. You can extract each page and then recombine them after signing. Painful but seems to work for me.

2. Adobe Fill and Sign app works perfectly for me?!?! I can sign my documents on my phone or iPad. Saves perfectly.

3. I use FoxitPDF free version and it signs PDF's fine no matter the size. If you don't need the whole Adobe creative suite, then maybe a non-Adobe solution is the answer. I chose Adobe mainly because it produces the smallest PDF's and the editing has the best interface. I noticed FOXit is not bad and mimics 90% of Adobe UI.

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround solution provided below - that the document can be saved with a new name - works for me.

But why can't this paid software work *properly*?

I feel Adobe has become too big and doesn't care about its customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mfrishkopf,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

Could you please share more details about this issue?

Are you trying to add the digital signature or the signature using the Fill & Sign tool?

Did you check if the issue occurs with every file?

Share the application and OS verison number you are using on the machine.

It would be helpful if you can also share a small video.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Adobe is not going to fix this issue. It's been years and they've done nothing. I've tried everything: updating to latest verison of Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020, saving file as with a different name, overwriting previous versions, blah blah blah. Nothing works. How about fixing the F***ing issue, Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've struggled with this for the last couple months - the latest update (.30015) finally fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice!  I can confirm that it is now working! 

If it helps others, here's what I did:

1. Close any currently running "Adobe Acrobat 2020" application.
(The uninstaller in the next step requires it.)

2. Go into your "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 2020" folder and click the "Acrobat Uninstaller".  Follow the instructions to uninstall.
(Without uninstalling a prior version, I was unable to proceed with later installation of a new version.)

3. Download this updated installer: 
https://trials.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/APRO/Acrobat_HelpX/osx10/Acrobat_2020_Web_WWMUI.dmg

4. Open the .dmg file you downloaded, click through to the .pkg installer file, and follow installation instructions until you are prompted for a serial number. IMPORTANT: don't try to enter your serial number when running the installer!  It will tell you that it's an invalid number.  Maybe I'm getting the formatting wrong (I tried with and without hyphens).  Instead, select "Use Trial or Subscription or Named user license" ... you'll have an opportunity to enter your serial number later when you first run the application.

5. Run the Adobe Acrobat application.  Your situation may differ, but I then had to click through a prompt for my serial number, which asked me to signin to my online account first, and then I was shown a window in which my serial number could be entered.

6.  By this step, I'm now running Build: 20.4.30015.451663.  (Previously I was at Build: 20.4.30006.439864.)
Now it is working as expected w.r.t. the signatures bug reported in this thread.

Thanks Adobe for fixing this bug.  I do wish your company could have been more responsive and communicative about the update, but I hope the information above helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines